CARS study material (besides AAMC pack)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! So I've done all of the official practice tests as well as the question pack CARS questions. If there are no more AAMC resources available to practice CARS with, are there any practice CARS questions that I can find that closely mimics AAMC logic? I know there are some other companies with practice tests like Kaplan and Nextstep but their CARS uses different logic.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

How did you do on the AAMC CARS material?

The AAMC passages are, by far, the best material out there and are very indicative of your score. There are plenty of guides and recommendations on SDN for additional practice passages (EK is usually high on the list). I recommend you look through old threads and see what would work best for your situation. Keep in mind that any non-AAMC passages lack the quality control of AAMC ones. Thus, the way they ask their questions is close, but not quite the same as AAMC. However, you can still benefit from them by practicing understanding the main idea of each passage.

Reactions: 1 user
Use the passages from third party resources, but skip their questions. It will do more harm than good. Work on reading comprehension instead. See the tips in my signature.

Members don't see this ad :)
Use the passages from third party resources, but skip their questions. It will do more harm than good. Work on reading comprehension instead. See the tips in my signature.
Thank you! Btw do you recommend highlighting or do you think it's a waste of time? Thx!

Thank you! Btw do you recommend highlighting or do you think it's a waste of time? Thx!

it works for some people. I found it to be a waste of time. Experiment with it to find out if it helps you. It caused me to think less instead of thinking more, which was the opposite of what I wanted to do.