CAS Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

simpleplanman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys and girls. I am new to the site, but have been searching the threads and learning from you guys a lot. I was wondering if anyone could provide some answers to a question i have. The CAS insturction manual says to not leave any gaps in your time line under education. I took a year off after college to do some things that I wanted to do and am glad I did. SFMatch says to put major experieneces under the education section- but this is one line in an instruction manual and it is a "recommendation." I think my application will be weakened by doing this, and am tempted to wait for someone to ask me what I did during that year (especially since I give an explanation in my personal statement). What are you guys doing? What do you think I should do? THanks! Lots of love to everyone. simpleplanman. :p

Members don't see this ad.

I think a good bunch of people took a year off between college and medical school. For example: After college, I became a longshoreman in Kuala Lumpur, and participated in the highly illegal yet lucrative trade of telescoping reflex hammers.

All kidding aside, you don't need to worry about it, especially since you mention it in your personal statement.