Case and specializing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
X

xxxTheDonxxx

Anybody in here from Case and thinking about specializing? How does the pass and fail /no ranking system works when it comes to specializing? Do students from other schools with ranking systems have better chance (considering they are highly ranked and I have no ranking)? I guess they have to go with the board exams and research alone. I posted this on another thread, I just want more comments this time around. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

We are still ranked. It's just that we don't know what rank, the school does. We know if we're the top 10, top 20, stuff like that. So if you want to specialize, the school can write a LOR with your stats. Plus, boards still play a huge role.

lido,

are you a big fan of the healthy smiles thing? is it fun or just a pain? seems pretty cool to me. also i know that some people have talked about this before but do you wear scrubs everyday and what color will the class of 2011 be?

Members don't see this ad :)
We are still ranked. It's just that we don't know what rank, the school does. We know if we're the top 10, top 20, stuff like that. So if you want to specialize, the school can write a LOR with your stats. Plus, boards still play a huge role.

Thanks for replying Lidopaine...but i'm still confused about how do they rank you? Base on what?

Thanks for replying Lidopaine...but i'm still confused about how do they rank you? Base on what?

based on all our grades id assume.

Rex.

the sealant program was fun. It sure beats class! i even had a kid puke in his mouth! looks like we get to do it again for a week in late january. As for the scrubs, you should be dark blue. i say should because we should have been dark green and not this ******ed khaki color. things happen.

what happened to whear you got screwed into that khaki color?

what happened to whear you got screwed into that khaki color?

i am not really sure. i have heard that the admin didn't want the D1s to have the same color as what the graduated d4s had, cuz that would confuse them... but that doesn't make sense because that was the way it always was. i also heard that the first few students to get measured for scrubs had a choice and those idiots picked khaki. but oh well.

They rank you in each individual module, based on grades.