docs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2005
Status
I have an interview in April for Case's alternative list. Do you guys think its worth going, or is it a waste of time. Do they take many students from the alternative list. it's kind of odd how they have seperate interviews for the alternate list. any ideas or suggestions.....??

OP
D

docs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2005
Status
No one has any comments??

wammmy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2004
Cleveland
Status
docs said:
No one has any comments??
Not really, no.

However, if you must know, I do know of people which have put deposits down at more than one school, therefore yes some people will get called from the alternate list (weither its at case or not I'm unsure). And is it worth it? Only time will tell, if you get in then yes if not then no it wasn't. But to get in the alternate spot has to open after april (in your case) and you have to be better than the other alternates out there. So yes it is a gamble, and I'm sure your not any closer now to knowing what to do than you were before you started reading this.

Sorry this wasn't much help, but its a hard spot to be in. And I know several people trying to make the same decision.

Rezdawg

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2003
Houston
Visit site
Status
Dentist
docs said:
I have an interview in April for Case's alternative list. Do you guys think its worth going, or is it a waste of time. Do they take many students from the alternative list. it's kind of odd how they have seperate interviews for the alternate list. any ideas or suggestions.....??
Do you have other acceptances? If the answer is "no", then get on that plane and go to the interview. If the answer is "yes", then you need to decide if you would prefer to go to the schools you have been accepted to or if you would prefer Case. If you prefer Case, then its worth a shot, IMO.

OP
D

docs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2005
Status
I've gotten into Indiana and Pitt., but not my first choice. So I would go to Case only if I know that its a better school than these two schools. Any Ideas?

wammmy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2004
Cleveland
Status
Just go to Pitt or Indiana unless you will spend the rest of oyur life in regret, or its just killing you to see what CASE is like, or if you have a couple hundred $$ and want a vacation (to Cleveland?).

DDS2BE

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2004
www.facebook.com
Status
Dentist
docs said:
I've gotten into Indiana and Pitt., but not my first choice. So I would go to Case only if I know that its a better school than these two schools. Any Ideas?
If I were you, I would pick Indiana over pitt. Cheaper..... and you will always have enough patients to practice on. I also think indi's PBL is kinnda cool :), but some people may disagree.

OP
D

docs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2005
Status
thanks guy, picking between indiana and pitt is really tough for me... I got a good feeling at both schools, but i'm not sure which school provides better care and oppourtunity for the students??