Case Interview HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

makovey001

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just scheduled my interview on January 11th (1st available date). Does that seem a bit late? I'm kind of freaking out b/c its 5 month from now. I was hoping to have it at the latest in november.
Do I have any chance of getting into case with my interview being so late?

Members don't see this ad.

I felt the same way =( Mine is also after December 1st. I heard of an interview waitlist though, so I figure that if post-Dec 1st interviews really didn't have a chance, then they would told us so. Upon looking at the SDN interview feedback, I realized that many of the interviews were post-Dec 1st. That kind of comforted me. Whether or not those people got accepted... I don't know. SOMEONE HELP!

I don't know how many people interview on a given day, but unless it's <5, they seem to be inviting a ridiculous number of people for interviews. I called last monday and they had Dec 12-14 as the first available; had to call back because those are when my finals are...called two days later, Jan. 2nd first available! Yikes

Members don't see this ad :)
Case interviews 4 students per day and I think they only do 4 days per week, so that is why the spots fill so quickly.

I know several people (including myself) who were accepted at Case with post-Dec 1st interviews. This is what will happen: On Dec 1st, lots of people will get accepted to lots of schools and many will cancel their interviews at Case. That will open up lots of dates for persistent people who call to move up their interview. My original interview was for the end of Jan and I got it moved up to the middle of Dec. Obviously earlier is better, and I'm sure it made a difference as now I am attending my #1 choice.

You could call the admissions office every once in awhile to see if anything has opened up (you might get lucky), but don't expect much movement until after Dec 1st. But you certainly do still have a chance with a post-Dec 1st interview, so don't lose hope!

I don't know how many people interview on a given day, but unless it's <5, they seem to be inviting a ridiculous number of people for interviews. I called last monday and they had Dec 12-14 as the first available; had to call back because those are when my finals are...called two days later, Jan. 2nd first available! Yikes

well you gotta think they dont interview from dec. 20-jan 1st

well you gotta think they dont interview from dec. 20-jan 1st

My interview is on dec 20th (first date they had open) and the person I talked to said ANYTIME in january is free.

I dont think we have a lot to be worried about. If people wih dec interviews had no chance, then why would case even bother with the interviews? They probably fill 2/3 of their seats by Dec 1st, and interview for the rest during the holidays.

Just my guess

the admissions people should have told you if you're still interviewing for a seat, or if it's for the waitlist.