Case interviewees!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

polarnut

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! What date are you guys going to the Case interview? They didn't give me any specific dates to choose from.

I'm guessing the sooner the better.

Members don't see this ad.

polarnut said:
Hey guys! What date are you guys going to the Case interview? They didn't give me any specific dates to choose from.

I'm guessing the sooner the better.

Congrats on the interview polarnut! I have mine on Wednesday, October 3rd. That was the soonest I could schedule it and I scheduled it on Monday, August 22.

Generallee said:
Congrats on the interview polarnut! I have mine on Wednesday, October 3rd. That was the soonest I could schedule it and I scheduled it on Monday, August 22.

Hi! I called to schedule on Monday the 22nd also but scheduled my interview for October 24th! The only date before that was the 12th, my birthday....so I passed on that :) It might have been a good ice breaker to keep me from getting nervous though!

Do you all know if Case does a lot more interviews than other schools? I haven't heard from any others about interviews yet.

Good luck to both of you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I called on August 12th and will be interviewing on September 9th. Must have just beat the scheduling rush.

From Case's website:
Positions Available: 70
Applicants: 1771
Interviews: 343

Compare that to Columbia:
Positions Available: 75
Applicants: 1360
Interviews: 256

Maybe Columbia needs less interviewees/acceptances than Case to fill their class, or Case interviews a larger waitlist. Who knows. Either way, interviews are a step closer.

I just had my interview Friday Aug. 19. It was really relaxed. If you have an interview this early I am sure you will be ok. If it is later in the winter (after dec.) then you might worry a little. IMO.

Generallee said:

Hey, when did you submit your primary app. to aadsas? I submitted mine on August 3rd, but it is still not available to the schools.

Mayo123 said:
Hi! I called to schedule on Monday the 22nd also but scheduled my interview for October 24th! The only date before that was the 12th, my birthday....so I passed on that :) It might have been a good ice breaker to keep me from getting nervous though!

Do you all know if Case does a lot more interviews than other schools? I haven't heard from any others about interviews yet.

Good luck to both of you!

Hey, Mayo123. How did you contacted so fast if you submitted your primary on the 21st?

Wow, I called today (aug. 23) and the soonest they had was Oct. 27 for me. Holy! I hope I'm not too late of an interviewee? I'd hate to go there and find out that 90% of the class has been filled up already.

polarnut said:
Wow, I called today (aug. 23) and the soonest they had was Oct. 27 for me. Holy! I hope I'm not too late of an interviewee? I'd hate to go there and find out that 90% of the class has been filled up already.

I think you're fine. Remember AADSAS sent the apps out late this year. The first interviews for case were like August 17th or so... I agree with the above post that as long as you have an interview before DEC you should be fine.

Has anyone heard that Case accepts roughly 95% of the people they interview? I remember reading this somewhere but cannot find the post. I wonder if that is true because if my math is correct, lets say they interviewed 343. 95% of that is 326. How could they accept 326 people when they only have a 70 student class? I understand that they have to accept more than the amount of seats but that much more?

ajpak23 said:
Hey, when did you submit your primary app. to aadsas? I submitted mine on August 3rd, but it is still not available to the schools.

I submitted my primary app on May 27th. But, one of my transcripts came in late so it actually didn't send out til July 22nd.

bwa102 said:
I called on August 12th and will be interviewing on September 9th. Must have just beat the scheduling rush.

From Case's website:
Positions Available: 70
Applicants: 1771
Interviews: 343

Compare that to Columbia:
Positions Available: 75
Applicants: 1360
Interviews: 256

Maybe Columbia needs less interviewees/acceptances than Case to fill their class, or Case interviews a larger waitlist. Who knows. Either way, interviews are a step closer.

Those are the old stats, the new stats they gave us at orientation was there were around 2200 applicants and around 400 interviewed. I know we are expecting een more applicants this year. Those were the numbers for when I applied to dental school. Our class is actually alot bigger becuase Case expected more people to withdraw their acceptance. We actually have 75 people in our class, which caused a few problems in the beginning. It is really important that you interview as early as possible. You have a way better chance of getting in if you interview before december. To be honest, its really hard to get in if you interview past december. I was suppose to interview in april, but I kept calling and was lucky to get an interview in November. ANyone have any questions feel free to send me a pm or IM me. Good luck guys!

damn, I just schedule it today and booked it for the earliest (oct 26th) and that was due to a cancellation :S

Hey guys, I also recommend that if you have an interview, consider staying at the delt house. There are 6 dental students that live there, and they can offer some really good advice for your interview and alot of insight on the school. Plus, its really cheap(45 bucks) and close to the school. A downside, its a frat house, so its a little on the messyside. Its still not tooo bad, but I might be a lil bias since I live there;-)

I have my interview scheduled for the 29th of August! I scheduled it back at the begining of August!

In reply to the questions/comments concerning Case interviews. I called in early August and got an interview for Sept. 8. To those of you who couldn'y get in until October, don't worry! you are still in the first wave of applicants! i think its crazy how stressful this whole experience is!! everyone fighting for interviews and positions and worrying if and when one of these may come your way!
my theory is, and being the ASDA President at my university I've seen evidence that backs it up....
if you have at least an 18 on the DAT (with solid scores in each section), a minimum GPA of 3.2, and your involved in campus and etc. You'll get accepted!!

I just called today and my schedule was booked on the 7th Nov....is it considered late? how could they fill in the interview slots so fast?