Case vs. NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

froggiesmile

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was just wondering which one should i attend to? case or nyu?

i really want to go to nyu because i'm in the city. but case the class size is really small and you get ur own chair. if money wasn't a big deal which one would be a better choice for me?

Members don't see this ad.

NYU NYU, it's warm there

personally, I would pick NYU just because theres so much to explore, so much to do, see in new york, that is only when you have free time from dental school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in a similar situation, and I think I'm gonna choose NYU.
I got a message from a person in dschool at NYU, and it sounds good...

"I'm a D2 at NYUCD and overall pretty happy here. We're a very tight-knit class and I couldn't think of a bad thing to say about how large we are -- except that the wet lab is too small. Manhattan is expensive, no matter where you live, but living close to school CAN be manageable. Get a converted room or jump in on a share. If you want your very own studio or 1 bedroom you're going to shell out for it. Save by commuting.

Honestly, the biggest positive here is the people. Most of the students and most of the faculty are simply amazing. I'm not in clinic yet, but I hear that having such a large and diverse patient population is also a huge plus -- plenty of cases to go around."

You should try to hunt down some people on the forum at those two schools and ask them some specific questions, it's been really helpful for me in making my decision.
good luck!

is everyone serious?
I don't know
I believe everyone is posting XXX schoool vs NYU because
NYU has a very reputation for overall ranking, It is well known over the world (who doesn't know New york) but on SDN and rumours and some actual facts scare people who got accepted to NYU.
Anyways I personally (didn't go to the interview yet for NYU) think I will be choosing Case over NYU.
you should look at what's really important for you.
I can't even decide and it is very stressful sometimes.

Last edited:
Save $....living in Ohio is cheap. I guess it depends if you want to shell out more cash for a different lifestyle....

But since Lebron may be going to new york anyway.... we may have nothing left back home...:scared:

My thread probably didn't help.... I just really believe cost should be in the top 3 things that help you make your decision.... Unless it REALLY is not an issue (if you aren't taking out loans...)

is everyone serious?
I don't know
I believe everyone is posting XXX schoool vs NYU because
NYU has a very reputation for overall ranking, It is well known over the world (who doesn't know New york) but on SDN and rumours and some actual facts scare people who got accepted to NYU.
Anyways I personally (didn't go to the interview yet for NYU) think I will be choosing Case over NYU.
you should look at what's really important for you.
I can't even decide and it is very stressful sometimes.

i was certain of going to my state school until i interviewed at nyu. i was thoroughly impressed with the school. i think tuition is the same between case and nyu (could be wrong, dont feel like looking it up) but obviously the cost of living is much higher in nyc. Plus just based on the cleveland browns, id get my ass out of here!

NYU may just have good advertising and marketing skill

they have one of the best programs for that

but

very suspicious for dental school

NYU may just have good advertising and marketing skill

they have one of the best programs for that

but

very suspicious for dental school

yea.. ill take nyu's marketing skills to decide what school to go to over your obvious malice for the school.