Case vs. Rutgers (OOS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluejay18

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Very grateful to have acceptances from two overall great schools. But I don't know enough about each school to compare fairly. Input especially from current students at these two schools would be greatly appreciated!

Also can someone confirm if Rutgers OOS students can easily transition to pay IS tuition after the first year? This is a huge factor for in terms of costs so I want to be completely sure. If I can get IS tuition Rutgers would be approximately 120k cheaper (for all 4 yrs) than CWRU but if not they would be pretty similar

These are the factors that I am especially interested in:

residency match rates
strength of clinical training
overall student environment (collaborative vs competitive)
supportive faculty

Thank you!! Hope everyone is staying safe and well during this craziness :)

Members don't see this ad.

Very grateful to have acceptances from two overall great schools. But I don't know enough about each school to compare fairly. Input especially from current students at these two schools would be greatly appreciated!

Also can someone confirm if Rutgers OOS students can easily transition to pay IS tuition after the first year? This is a huge factor for in terms of costs so I want to be completely sure. If I can get IS tuition Rutgers would be approximately 120k cheaper (for all 4 yrs) than CWRU but if not they would be pretty similar

These are the factors that I am especially interested in:

residency match rates
strength of clinical training
overall student environment (collaborative vs competitive)
supportive faculty

Thank you!! Hope everyone is staying safe and well during this craziness :)
See here: Schools and changing residency: the list

Hope that helps

I know Rutgers has a super competitive environment and is a tough school ultimately.

For your case, two schools are equally good. Then, tuition and location became very important for your pick-up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty sure Rutgers has the best match rates. I could be wrong but Dr chaviano said 90% of the class goes to their first choice.