Case Waitlist!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keving

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm on it!!! To say that I'm excited is a HUGE understatement!! WOOHOOOOOO! Anybody else get the waitlist letter today?!

Members don't see this ad.

congrats! this will help your chances next year, just remember to apply early!

Thanks! Hopefully I'll get to test-drive this (relatively) new curriculum soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
goodluck hopefully you will be starting this summer!!!

i'll be surprised if anyone gets in of the waitlist this year. i think they've over accepted too many people this year.

are they worried that they have over booked the class

yea i think 80-85 people sent in deposits. so hopefully people get into their state school or something lol

I still think i have a chance, i think maybe 1-3 will get off the waitlist, but this is pure speculation! it seems like many people are still holding out for their state school/#1, so there might be some movement come may... at least thats what i'm hoping for:p

for your sake i hope you're right, but you should play it safe and reapply in may.

i fully agree with you. I will be reapplying this May, but maybe, just MAYBE you'll see my ugly mug this august :smuggrin:

Was wondering does everyone who interviewed for the "alternate list" get the letter that they have a spot on that list? I thought everyone who interviewed for the alt list automatically is ranked on that list. ?

you are ranked on the list ONLY after they agree to accept you, and that you send in your deposit (which is uncashed, so you get it back if you don't make it). So yeah, i believe some people get rejected after their alt-list interview...

I was also placed on the waitlist about 3 weeks ago. Anyone hear anything, when are we getting ranked??? Best of luck to you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
after May 3rd?

u too~

I just e-mailed David over the weekend, and he said they weren't planning on meeting till next week sometime (14th ish) to do the rankings. So expect some news next week.

Thanks for the update, CaliGirl. I called them this afternoon, and the admissions lady told me that they haven't scheduled any meetings yet. So, your version of the news is definitely better than my version:scared:

Bad news for people hoping to get accepted from the waitlist. I received an email today:

"I am writing to you now concerning the upcoming academic year and your potential experience as an incoming student. This application cycle we have seen an extraordinary increase in the number of applications to our School of Dental Medicine. This has resulted in our School having received over 3,300 applications for the entering class, more than double the reported national increase. At this point in time we have a significantly higher number of deposits than experienced in any other year in the School’s history. Based upon historical trends, we anticipate that the normal process of attrition over the summer will result in an entering class size easily accommodated. However should this not occur we may have to make certain adjustments in our normal activities resulting in changes such as sharing of preclinical/clinical space and/or size of group instruction. Many of these changes are consistent with our long-term plans at the School of Dental Medicine, and in any event, we are committed to providing the quality of educational programming that has attracted so many applicants."

Bad news for people hoping to get accepted from the waitlist. I received an email today:

"I am writing to you now concerning the upcoming academic year and your potential experience as an incoming student. This application cycle we have seen an extraordinary increase in the number of applications to our School of Dental Medicine. This has resulted in our School having received over 3,300 applications for the entering class, more than double the reported national increase. At this point in time we have a significantly higher number of deposits than experienced in any other year in the School’s history. Based upon historical trends, we anticipate that the normal process of attrition over the summer will result in an entering class size easily accommodated. However should this not occur we may have to make certain adjustments in our normal activities resulting in changes such as sharing of preclinical/clinical space and/or size of group instruction. Many of these changes are consistent with our long-term plans at the School of Dental Medicine, and in any event, we are committed to providing the quality of educational programming that has attracted so many applicants."

Sounds like this may also be bad news for those accepted to Case for this year. Too many people for not enough chairs or classrooms.

i think that should mean that they reduce tuition!!

lol based on that email, it's all over for us then. At least it came before May 15, so we can reapply and look 100% towards the next cycle.

how many people are they over the 70 they said that usually have?

anyone hear anything from the waitlist yet??? Anyone get their ranking yet?

Has anyone heard anything about the waitlist yet??? Has anyone recieved their ranking?

I believe you call them to find out your ranking. I've been meaning to find mine for a while now, but I've just been so busy... But go ahead and give them a call +)

Anyone hear anything about the waitlist status?? Anyone get accepted yet?

I do not believe anyone has gotten in off of the alternate list. I have called and gotten my ranking and they also told me that there are 35 people total on the alternate list. HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!

nobody is getting in off the waitlist this year. they over accepted in December and now they have like 10 people to many

CaliGirl, what schools have you been accepted at? I don't wanna sound pessimistic, but I don't think Case's waitlist is gonna move this year. However, if you really want to attend Case, perhaps we'll get lucky and get a deferred admittance at the end of August! ALMOST as good as getting accepted off the waitlist!:cool:

Accepted at NYU, waitlisted at USC. But I would MUCH rather take a defferal to Case...only problem is they come soooooo late, I would already have started school at NYU

Accepted at NYU, waitlisted at USC. But I would MUCH rather take a defferal to Case...only problem is they come soooooo late, I would already have started school at NYU

Hey CaliGirl, I'm just interested in why you would prefer to defer a year and go to Case rather than start NYU right away? Tuition? Live closer to family (doubt it if your from CA? Hot guys at Case?:p

Money and class size are the two factors. Definately not the distance to home. Cost of living in clevland is a heck of a lot cheaper then NY

So I phoned Case today to check, and I'm in the top third =). However they also told me personally that they overaccepted, and its unlikely that anyone will be getting off the waitlist this cycle. However, we can always hope for deferred status! Maybe, they'll offer around 20 deferred admissions this cycle because no one got off the waitlist:smuggrin:

caligirl, i faced similar situation as you, but i think i'll just go to new york.

keving, i like your positive thinking:) hope things are going well.

So I phoned Case today to check, and I'm in the top third =). However they also told me personally that they overaccepted, and its unlikely that anyone will be getting off the waitlist this cycle. However, we can always hope for deferred status! Maybe, they'll offer around 20 deferred admissions this cycle because no one got off the waitlist:smuggrin:

It would be interesting to see if Case offered 20 deferrals. That would mean that they would only take at most 55 applicants for the following year. That would be tough going for the applicants for the class of 2012.

bump,
just wanted to check and see what ended up happening to you all that were on the waitlist for Case last year. And what you are doing now or where you are at.

I didnt get in from the waitlist, and I also didn't get a deferred acceptance, so basically I'm starting back at square 1! Anyone here get deferrals?

well they probably didnt give any deferred acceptances for a few reasons, first since they accepted too many people to our class we were offered the chance to defer a year and i think some people took them up on that offer, also case has the 6 year program with two years of undergrad then you accepted as long as you get a 19 on the dat. so there really arent that many spots for new applicants is what i am thinking but i dont know for sure this is just speculation.