Case Western 2011 Facebook group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am sooo itching to join that group, but alas, I have an interview for the waitlist in march. I figure half of the people attending don't have/ won't use facebook, so that makes 22 x 2 seats = 44/75 seats already filled. There's still a slim chance that I'll be able to click that magical "join" button before july rolls around!

:D good assumption! Case is your top choice, right?

Members don't see this ad.

:p Case is my only interview so far, so yes, it is my top choice in that regard!! haha.. no but seriously, I'm really interested in their new curriculum.. I would much rather do that than to do 2 years of lectures before getting any hands-on stuff done.

i may be a little biased but i heard case is the best dental school in the whole wide universe

Members don't see this ad :)
no biase at all bro! not biase at all:D

Baise is located in northwestern Guangxi bordering Guizhou and Yunnan provinces and Vietnam. It is centraly located between the 3 major southwestern capitals, Nanning, Kunming, and Guiyang. Its area is 3,726 km² and is more than 55% forested.

Baise is located in northwestern Guangxi bordering Guizhou and Yunnan provinces and Vietnam. It is centraly located between the 3 major southwestern capitals, Nanning, Kunming, and Guiyang. Its area is 3,726 km² and is more than 55% forested.

Funny...I grew up in 'Nam and I've never heard of Baise! Maybe it's because I lived in Saigon. I bet back then....'em Vie^.t Co^.ng were hidding in that 55% forested area and just jumped out at you.

I wasn’t trying to put down anybody going to Case, I just thought that was a funny comment that I heard from one of our friends. I don’t know anything about Case so I don’t know if it is a good school or not. Everybody has different opinions about what schools are good and which are not.

No, I am not a pre-dent, but like I said, my husband is in dental school. I don’t know if any of you are married, but in our marriage everything is a team effort. The day we got engaged, dentistry became my life too, and will be my life until we retire. I may not be in dental school myself, but I know a lot about the application process, seeing as I did most of the application with him or for him. I spent just as many hours as he did pouring over all the different websites and going over statistics, trying to decide which schools we wanted to apply to. We picked out the schools we were going to apply to together, filled out all that AADSAS stuff together, I helped him write all his essays and personal statements, get copies of his transcripts and his letters of recommendation. After school started for his last year of undergrad, he was taking 27 credits that fall semester (he graduated in 3 years, not 4), so I am the one that filled out every single supplemental application, mailed in all the application fees, did all the calling to check on the status of his applications, etc. I went to all his interviews with him, we decided together which school we should go to (luckily we agreed!). And now that he is in dental school, I work full time so we don’t have to borrow loan money to live on, I pay all the bills, I take care of a lot of things so he doesn’t have to worry about them, I cook for him, and help him study and review and edit all his papers he has to write.

I’m not complaining, I actually love doing all this. I too have invested a lot of time in dental school, and I plan to stay involved in my husband’s practice. I’m just trying to point out that my life IS dentistry too, I have no need to "live vicariously" through YOUR lives.
Hi Spunkypotato,

Please, please, please, let me know where i can find a sweet lady like you. I really want somebody who can help me out that much. I am sure those ladies are few, but with your help, i might get one.

BTW, u r a sweety one............pliz tell him not to come look for me in Indy...
-----------------------------------------------------------------
IUSD Class of 2011

Hi Spunkypotato,

Please, please, please, let me know where i can find a sweet lady like you. I really want somebody who can help me out that much. I am sure those ladies are few, but with your help, i might get one.

BTW, u r a sweety one............pliz tell him not to come look for me in Indy...
-----------------------------------------------------------------
IUSD Class of 2011

I would like to sign up for one too:D

im in im in im in

Keving, good luck on your interview! my interview was pretty relaxed, my interviewer actually took me to get coffee first then we went out to the courtyard for my interview. it was awesome. let us know how it goes!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey thanks for the good wishes, d2b=). I'm not freaking out too much.. I just hope that when june/july comes around I'll be near the top of the waitlist! http://www.predents.com/?page=user&user_id=547

what do you guys think with a 3.7, 19TS/20AA/21PA/ (30 carving!! - I'm canadian, and i'm proud of my carving!) although I won't have a bachelors AND I applied in early dec hehe

p.s. does case have a different colour of scrubs for the different years?

Keving, good luck on your interview! my interview was pretty relaxed, my interviewer actually took me to get coffee first then we went out to the courtyard for my interview. it was awesome. let us know how it goes!!

what a mean fella he took you out in freezing snow for interview :scared:

what a mean fella he took you out in freezing snow for interview :scared:

that would be mean.... :scared:

but to clarify, i interviewed in october =) it was nice and sunny! =)

p.s. does case have a different colour of scrubs for the different years?

Each year has different color scrubs. I was originally under the impression incoming D1s would be dark blue, this years D4 color. However I was told a few weeks ago that the administration is not yet sure what color we will be. They feel it has been confusing in the past when D1s take over D4s color. This is probably why current D1 students got stuck with an ugly tan color:eek: --I hope we're a bit more fortunate!!

Each year has different color scrubs. I was originally under the impression incoming D1s would be dark blue, this years D4 color. However I was told a few weeks ago that the administration is not yet sure what color we will be. They feel it has been confusing in the past when D1s take over D4s color. This is probably why current D1 students got stuck with an ugly tan color:eek: --I hope we're a bit more fortunate!!

yea, they're a bunch of *****s. i hate the fact that im embarrassed to wear these tan things, everyone makes jokes at our expense. Too bad we can't switch back to the dark green that we were suppposed to have. I was hoping for those.

This is the closest thread we have to an *****OFFICIAL CASE WESTERN CLASS OF 2011***** thread, so what is it doing on page 12????

BUMP!!!!

i may be a little biased but i heard case is the best dental school in the whole wide universe

The Pedro Sanchez (see thread of best dentist in the entire world) should be going to Case to fulfill his destiny.

Total of 10 dental students are currently living at the Delt house. If you are set on staying at the house, PM me with your phone number and I will reserve you the room for that date - March 11 (pending availability).

Thanks for your interest
Is Delta Sigma Delta a fraternity house? do they take female students:p

Is Delta Sigma Delta a fraternity house? do they take female students:p

Delta Sigma Delta is the largest international dental frat. We are one of two at Case, but the only one with a house. 10 students live in the house, 8 guys and 2 girls.

Congrats to all soon-to-be class of 2011 members! Just want to let all of you know that the Delta Sigma Delta fraternity will soon have their open house (probably starting in April) for those who are interested in staying at the house for the 2007-08 year.

Let me tell you a bit about the house. It is located at the heart of Case campus - 11333 Bellflower Road, and it is only a 10 min walk to the dental school. You can check out some pics of the house here: http://www.clevelanddelts.org/undergraduatelambdachapter.html

We have a total of 10 rooms at the house as well as 2.5 private bathrooms. Currently 8 males and 2 females resides at the house (all dental students). The current rent is $300/month for all the rooms except the basement rooms, which are $250/month (all inclusive - water, heat, electric, cable TV/internet). The rent fee for next year is still pending, but most likely it will stay the same.

For the 2007-08 year, at least 3 rooms will be available as current seniors will be moving out. So if anyone is interested, please contact me here and we can schedule a time for you to tour the house.

Thanks,

Derek

How do i get to Delta Sigma from the airport? I heard there's a subway that stops directly in the university, but I have no idea which one... Thanks guys!

So then I thought, is anyone else excited to be starting in two months? I'm sure most of us are stressing about other things, and we are too busy to talk on SDN about it. Right, like being busy has stopped anyone. Well, I'll be flying out this next weekend to try and figure out where I will be living. I look forward to seeing you guys soon.

i am really excited just signed a lease recently and cant wait to move in. Does anyone out there know when they are going to move to cleveland?

Hey does anybody know if CASE is officially full yet? I'm on the waitlist, or on "hold" as David told me. But if anybody could verify the status of the incoming class of 2007, it'd be appreciated...

thanks