CASE Western AEGD info?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adversary

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on CASE Western's AEGD program such as number of spots, program quality, patient pool, etc?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I am a senior from Case and didn't apply to that program for personal biased believes. One of the seniors from last year got in and seems to be happy with it. Another resident from out of the state hates it. All I can tell is that we usually send the patients that are way above our expertise level: vertical collapse, more than 6 crowns and just pain in the @$$ pt's that no one can deal with. Geriatric patients also.

Keep in mind, there is perio, ortho, endo, pedo and OS under the same roof. Do I need the explain more? I guess you understand why I didn't apply. Let me know if you have more questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey DDS2BE,

So what is the range of tx that AEGD residents can provide? Ie. implants. Or do we lose the potential to do a lot because there is a lot of referral to specialty programs?

Can you tell me what you know is the GOOD and BAD (well, you mentioned a little already) about the AEGD program.

Also, do you know how many students they usually accept each year and whether they interview everyone or a set number?

Thanks so much,

Adversary

I would think some of the pt's are lost to the other residencies. They restore a bunch of implants, but not too sure about placing them. Perio and OS residents fight for implants. And that's all I know. As far as pros/cons I can't really add much to what I've mentioned above. The aegd director is also an infection control guy in the undergraduate clinic, not sure how that affects the rest of the residents. I think they accept 4-6 residents each year, but most of them come from out of the seas, either because no one else applied but they needed to fill up spots or something else. If you're looking for an aegd in cleveland, then i would consider VA GPR. It is a hybrid of both aegd and gpr and seems to be much nicer as far as faculty goes and the facility. You will also get to place implants. The best way would be to call Case aegd and ask to talk to Larry. He is one of the residence graduated last year from Case.

This is a great program and has a good learning potential. You will be doing most of the time full mouth reconstruction cases including a lot of implant restorations, crown & bridge work and good number of surgical Implant placements. Furthermore, you are the one doing every kind of prosthetic cases since there is no pros program in school. AEGD has good number of reasonable faculty that is very helpful. Director is a very nice person & helps in every case where you feel stuck with the situation.
Good lcuk.

Can anyone please comment on Casewestern AEGD program post-covid? I have an interview with the program in a couple of week and I hear that they dont participate in the Match program.