Case Western applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalstud07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Just wondering, has anyone recently called Case Western this past week and asked how many of their 70 spots are still filled?

About a month ago I heard 80 students where holding acceptances for the 70 spots.

Any update as to what the number is know from the Admissions committee?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

This doesn't answer your question, but I called them recently and they've only sent out a few waitlist offers. So if you got one then you're one of the few. And I also think that they overaccepted, but then again, I think they know what they're doing so I think they can accurately predict how many people will drop before the year starts. I put my trust in them that the waitlist will move... I mean, they've been doing this for years!!

Hey,

Yes, I am on the alternate list. They were mailed out at the beginning of the month.

I would really like to get an idea as to how many students are still on the acceptance list though.

Members don't see this ad :)
As of April 23rd there were only 5 people on the alternate list. You and I are two of them. The secretary indicated people had already dropped off the accepted list, but would not say how many. All I can say is hopefully it's a lot.:)

Hi,

As of the 27th, there were 13 people RANKED on the waitlist, and i got the impression there were others just waiting to be ranked. Hopefully I'll get ranked soon! Damn mail from canada taking a full 2 weeks to get there!!

Yes, thats amazing news. Thank god.

The school is amazing inside, and the campus looks amazing too.

So I take it, the people that god their alternate list letters are the ones in the top 1/3rd of the class?

I recieved a spot on the alternate list a couple of weeks back. I sent my deposit in last week! Can't wait till the rankings come out.

I called Case this morning about alternate list ranks. The secretary said I'm in the top third (out of 13). She also said no one has dropped off the accepted list yet -- everyone has sent in their deposits, etc. Perhaps I misunderstood her concerning the accepted list when I called a week and a half ago.:(

However, I suppose people who have accepted may have accepted positions at other schools too, so there's still a chance some will drop off.

To those on the waitlist,

If you receive an official offer of acceptance next month, will you accept? I know I will:oops:

I dont think if any of us on the waitlist can make it this year.

good luck on your 2008 application

If you receive an official offer of acceptance next month, will you accept? I know I will:oops:

anybody's application "on hold" still? Is that the same as the alternate list?

I definitely will too -- unless one of the other schools I'm waiting on accepts me first. At this point, I'll take whoever asks first!

Ditto to paloseco's reply. I just want to be done waiting.