Case Western Applied Anatomy Program

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by witioni, Jun 19, 2008.

1. witioni

witioni Banned
    Banned

Pre-Medical
    Has anyone been through this program or know anything of it? I know it is a 1-2 year program, tough, and small. I can't find any information on a matriculation rate.

I have recently been accepted to the program which is shocking because of my stats... I'll post them below.

UCSD 2005
    Biochemistry/Cell

GPA: 2.5
    MCAT: 33R 11/11/11

EC: I spent some time teaching English in Japan. Travelled through most of East Asia, then decided to pursue medicine. Took some classes over the summer of 07' and finished with a 3.6 (realized classes wouldn't really help my GPA too much). Volunteered at the UCLA hospital and UCLA labs throughout summer 07-08'. Decided to apply to an SMP. Started studying for the MCAT 9/07... took it in 1/08. It's been three years since I graduated from SD and I never really learned the material THAT well to begin with, so I was hoping the admins would weigh my score (it's good but not terrific) in a more positive light due to circumstance.

I am posting in this forum because I know there is a joint program with MDs at Case. Have any of you gone through it or know someone who has? I just need an idea of whether I have a chance of matriculating.
    Anything about Case's Anatomy program would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Luxian

Medical Student
    I assume you're asking about matriculating as an MD. Well, I don't know much about it, but I do know there is someone in my incoming class at Case who was accepted to the MD program after doing the Master's in Anatomy. I think it's a chance for you to show what you're capable of and it will also give you a head start on the material. Not a bad idea if you have the means of doing it.

4. witioni

witioni Banned
    Banned

Pre-Medical
    Thanks, that's great to know. :thumbup:

5. Pedsbro

Fellow [Any Field]
    I applied and got accepted to it, but only as a "backup" to the SMPs I applied to. I got into an SMP, so I didn't go. The Applied Anatomy masters is NOT an SMP. It is a 2 year program and is geared toward those who might teach college-level anatomy. However, you take all science classes and it's through the medical school, so if you're looking for a Masters degree to get prior to applying, it might be a good choice as a last resort.

6. Xcited392

What were your stats? Thanks.

7. witioni

witioni Banned
    Banned

Pre-Medical
    Hey Pedsbro, what were your stats?

8. soparu

cali to cleveland...muhahaha

good luck surviving that snow ;)