case western applied anatomy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lawrencepena

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the application deadline to this program and have anything to say about it? i saw the website but the information there is limited.

Members don't see this ad.

lawrencepena said:
Does anyone know the application deadline to this program and have anything to say about it? i saw the website but the information there is limited.

Can you post the program website? thanx!

Members don't see this ad :)
Phil Anthropist said:
I don't know too much about it, but here's the website link that I know of:

http://www.cwru.edu/med/anatomy/MS.html

mmmm....the fact that it is one year and they accept MCAT scores and they don't make you do research sounds very very post-bacchy to me. this is the first i've heard of it though. i think i'll add it to my list in 2006! i've always liked case b/c they have an awesome medical anthropology/urban health program too! bump!

lawrencepena said:

I am actually doing the Masters of Anatomy and work in the Department of Anatomy at Case Western. Just for more details, you may do the program in one year but this is extremely difficult because these classes are tough. This especially true if you have to/intend to work. I am doing it in two years which has proven to be the better route. My professors are very good and also teach in the medical school curriculum so we get some clinical things too. In terms of a deadline, there is not one. The admission is rolling but the sooner you submit the materials the better for you. The great thing about the program is that it is understood that this is just a stepping stone so you are not going to be pushed into doing research unless you choose that. Please let me know if you have other questions!

classylady said:
I am actually doing the Masters of Anatomy and work in the Department of Anatomy at Case Western. Just for more details, you may do the program in one year but this is extremely difficult because these classes are tough. This especially true if you have to/intend to work. I am doing it in two years which has proven to be the better route. My professors are very good and also teach in the medical school curriculum so we get some clinical things too. In terms of a deadline, there is not one. The admission is rolling but the sooner you submit the materials the better for you. The great thing about the program is that it is understood that this is just a stepping stone so you are not going to be pushed into doing research unless you choose that. Please let me know if you have other questions!

Yea! thanks for your post Classylady! I guess i do have a couple more questions if that's okay... about how many people are doing the master's program? are most hoping to go to medical school? are the professors receptive to that, and helpful with advice to get into medical school? I just requested more information about the program from their website, but that's not something i would think it will explicitly say ;)