Case Western: Pre-Interview Hold

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

infinitejest

infinitejest
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody else get this notice today?

"The Admissions Committee has given your application to the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine a preliminary review and would like to hold it for future consideration for an interview. The Committee will revisit your application and notify you of a final decision no later than March 3, 2008. We thank you for your continued interest in our school.

Sincerely,

Lina Mehta, M.D.
Associate Dean for Admissions
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine "

I assume this means my ship is sinking, but if any SDNers have more info on what this translates to, I'd be obliged.

Members don't see this ad.

when were you complete? i've been complete since early july, and i have not heard anything from them (which i would prefer over a rejection...)

when were you complete? i've been complete since early july, and i have not heard anything from them (which i would prefer over a rejection...)

I was complete in late July, and this was the first I'd heard from them at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
did you get the message in an e-mail, or was it on your status page?

did you get the message in an e-mail, or was it on your status page?

It was on my status page. I usually check it every few days, and it popped up on the iApply messages. It's the first I've heard of it, at least here on SDN. It seems that about everyone on here was invited to interview or rejected. I was just wondering if anyone else got the same message, or knows what this might mean.

Sounds like a run of the mill application hold.

I got that, too, a while ago though. I was complete really early, nearly as early as you could be. My "letter" is dated in August, and it's just an every day hold. I called and they said that they aren't visiting the people on hold until "a later date". Sorry I couldn't give you more info.