Case Western Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

khalad

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a question. Do they consider people for both the University program and the CCLCM program? Or is it just one or the other?

Members don't see this ad.

khalad said:
Just a question. Do they consider people for both the University program and the CCLCM program? Or is it just one or the other?

you have to choose the specific program on your secondary before you can be considered for either.

Ashanti Rock said:
you have to choose the specific program on your secondary before you can be considered for either.

yeah i know i mean i got an interview for CCLCM but a rejection (no interview) for the university program..was just wondering what's going on... isn't CCLCM more competitive?

Members don't see this ad :)
For the primary (AMCAS) app, you apply to Case Western.

When you get the unscreened secondary, you can click either Case or CCLCM or both. The secondary fee is the same no matter what, so you could potentially apply to two schools for the price of one!

However, I only suggest the CCLCM option if you have research experience, and are interested in continuing research in medicine.

if you search around, there's been a couple of threads on this topic. Some people have been accepted at CCLCM after being rejected from Case, and vice versa. The conclusion is that each program really does seek out only people they think would work for the program.

khalad said:
yeah i know i mean i got an interview for CCLCM but a rejection (no interview) for the university program..was just wondering what's going on... isn't CCLCM more competitive?
Oh, well in that case, yes they will consider you for both if you apply for both. I have an interview at both of them (this week, in fact).

Numbers-wise, CCLCM would seem to be more competetive, due to the small class size. However, it is very new still, and caters specifically to research-interested future physicians. I'm assuming they liked something about you and felt you'd be a match.

I think the adcoms are entirely different, so the decision one makes (to interview or not) doesn't affect the other, until you go to schedule them.