Case Western Secondary...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BUmiken12

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the essay, is it two pages double-spaced or single-spaced? Thanks in advance...

Members don't see this ad.

bumpity bump bump

I'd assume single. But regardless, no need to get wordy.

Members don't see this ad :)
I compromised and used 1.5 spacing.... it looks nice... not to spaced out.... not to squished. ;)

Case had an online secondary which I already did. Can I use the same essay for their paper secondary? I'm getting the feeling that they only did the online secondary to test their system, so I don't think I need a new essay. Anyone know for sure?

Originally posted by wolferman
Case had an online secondary which I already did. Can I use the same essay for their paper secondary? I'm getting the feeling that they only did the online secondary to test their system, so I don't think I need a new essay. Anyone know for sure?

Use the same essay.

Quick question...

When they ask for a school address, do they mean undergrad institution or your addie while you're in school? thanx.

your address while you're in school.

i interviewed at CWRU on Oct. 11. just a heads up, ur interviewer may read ur entire application before meeting you. my interviewer had time to read my LOR's and that two-page essay (i did one page single spaced). in fact, we connected on the theme i used in that essay and i'm convinced that that helped me get in. i would recommend researching ur interviewer's background before u get there. good luck.

Is there a screening process to get the secondary or do they send it out to everybody??

(I'm still wondering if I should send mine in. Although I have no chance I will always wonder if something else in my file will catch their eye...or already has. But I doubt it!)

Angel_Eyes, CWRU does screen before sending out secondaries. So if you have one, thats a good sign. if i were u, id fill it out and send it in. if u write about something dear to u and somewhat interesting, u have a good shot at an interview. and case takes about half of the interviewees i heard.

Another question...

I had sent in the online secondary, pic, and $$ a long time ago (August-ish) but did not receive the paper secondary nor a confirmation that my file was complete. So, I go through my Case stuff and I find it sitting in there! (I think my parents slipped it in there and didn't tell me...sheesh) I filled it out and sent it in today. Will that slow down the processing of my app, as if I hadn't sent in the previous stuff before? Or, do they start processing as soon as they get the online stuff and the paper is just a precautionary measure?

Princess CKNY: When did you receive your secondary. Be careful that it's not passed the deadline. I looked through my old e-mail about case's app and it seems that it is due two weeks from the day that you receive it:

Our on-line application is not due in 2 weeks. Once we received your verified AMCAS application, our paper secondary application will be mailed to you. To ensure that your application is processed in a timely manner, we ask that you return it within Two weeks from the date of receipt. December 15th is our deadline for all application materials. Please send your photograph and fee with your paper application.

Originally posted by kidsmd
Princess CKNY: When did you receive your secondary. Be careful that it's not passed the deadline. I looked through my old e-mail about case's app and it seems that it is due two weeks from the day that you receive it:

Our on-line application is not due in 2 weeks. Once we received your verified AMCAS application, our paper secondary application will be mailed to you. To ensure that your application is processed in a timely manner, we ask that you return it within Two weeks from the date of receipt. December 15th is our deadline for all application materials. Please send your photograph and fee with your paper application.

To me that is just a nice way of saying that the sooner you get it in, the sooner you'll get an interview or rejection. I doubt they'll refuse to look at your secondary just because you took longer. This isn't NU afterall.