Case Western Univ Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LetMeIn

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got an interview from Case Western. It says its for the "Alternate List at the School of Dentistry", goes on to say that "you were called for an interview because we are seriously considering you, but being called for an interview does not necessarily guarantee acceptance". I wonder if it because I applied so darn late? Anyone else have any comments, should I bother spending all that money to go out there and get interviewed if this "alternate list" is some sort of backup-overflow list??

Im still waiting for the decision from Temple, should be out next week sometime... nervous.

Vic

Members don't see this ad.

hey letmein-
I am in the same boat you are in with Case. I didn't take my dat until the last day of December, and I got the same letter from case, about the alternate list. I am gonna go in March, as i guess it couldn;t hurt. anyhow, if you go, get a hotel in downtown cleveland on priceline. I got a 4star hotel for about 60 bones a night.
Good Luck.

Perc---

I will be giving up my spot at Case Western tomorrow. I hope that will help someone.

:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke with the admissions director. He said that the class is mostly full. They have a small class, about 75. They first put me down for April 23rd. But if you call back, they'll move up your date. (i think they want to see if you're really interested in the school).

Anyway, they said the list is ranked, and by qualifications, not by date of interview. So if your stats are good, you may still have a good shot!

I got accepted at Case in Dec. and put my $1000 down, but I just recently got accepted to Louisville and Virginia so I am giving up my spot at Case. Hope this helps someone

dentalfreak,

Why do you give up Case for Louisville and Virginia? I really like Case, it's one of my few favorite. I think the school is extremely nice and their program is very solid. I only don't like the city and weather. Can you please tell me why you prefer Virginia and Louisville over Case?
Thanks
Tink

First, I loved Case and I thought the clinical program was one of the best, but my wife is going into dental hygiene and she can get into Louisville's program next year and would have to wait a year at some of the community colleges in Cleveland. Also, Case only gives you $12,000 a year to live on and when you have a family that is not very much. Louisville gives you $17,000 a year and so does Virginia. The cost of living in Cleveland is higher. We are going to buy a house and in Cleveland it would cost us about $160,000 for the same house we could buy in Kentucky for $110,000. So really it has nothing to do with the school itself just other circumstances. Case is an excellent school.