case western vs. temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

juyylee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
where would you go? :)

Members don't see this ad.

juyylee said:
where would you go? :)

this is a tough choice. case definitely has much better facilities and prepares students with the latest technology. however, temple has a much bigger patient pool, and so you get a lot of practice working on patients. don't know much about either city, although philly seems like a more lively place. i would probably choose Case.

DUBS said:
this is a tough choice. case definitely has much better facilities and prepares students with the latest technology. however, temple has a much bigger patient pool, and so you get a lot of practice working on patients. don't know much about either city, although philly seems like a more lively place. i would probably choose Case.

Hey I went to Case and Temple and am accepted at both as well. I'm choosing Temple over case. Case is a good school, nice facilities and the students liked it, but I'm choosing Temple because I love the amount of experience you get. Case does something like 30 extractions to graduate, Temple does 120. i talked to a 4th year at case and he only had done 5 root canals and he said he would most likely not do any more. My cousin is a 3 year student at Temple and has passed that amount. Your choice, but for me Temple is as good as it gets. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
broncoB is a *****, Temple is awesome though.

just to let you know im not saying one is wrong or right, but there is a free clinic down the street from Case dental, that is open after school till bout 9pm, lots of students go there to get more practice. its open to DS1s, and over there you can learn how to do extractions and injections in your first year, as soon as you go there. thats pretty much what you do at that clinic, injections and extractions. so it really comes to the fact that no matter where you go, you can get the practice if you are willing to look for it. i guess that is my point.

BroncoB said:
Hey I went to Case and Temple and am accepted at both as well. I'm choosing Temple over case. Case is a good school, nice facilities and the students liked it, but I'm choosing Temple because I love the amount of experience you get. Case does something like 30 extractions to graduate, Temple does 120. i talked to a 4th year at case and he only had done 5 root canals and he said he would most likely not do any more. My cousin is a 3 year student at Temple and has passed that amount. Your choice, but for me Temple is as good as it gets. Good luck.

Well, my impression from both of the schools was that they both strongly emphasize on clinical experience. Temple does have bigger patient pool so finding patients wont be a problem. Case, on the other hand, has the better facility, equipment, and curriculum.

Location-wise, Temple's better. Can't go wrong with Philly! Case is cloudy 300/365 days of the year.

polarnut said:
Well, my impression from both of the schools was that they both strongly emphasize on clinical experience. Temple does have bigger patient pool so finding patients wont be a problem. Case, on the other hand, has the better facility, equipment, and curriculum.

Location-wise, Temple's better. Can't go wrong with Philly! Case is cloudy 300/365 days of the year.

I can't believe someone said Temple is an a better location than anywhere else...including Hell :D

if you grew up on the farm, then temple may be an eye opener, but what is wrong with a school being located downtown???
When I was there for my interview there were thousands of people walking around in business suits with rolex's and fancy briefcases. It's not dangerous unless you're walking around there at 2am looking for someone to mug you.
In my opinion Temple being in the 'hood' is a pointless argument. Cleveland is JUST as BAD! I think with these two schools it comes down to personal preference. I'll post a picture of where I live as soon as I move out to put these criminal minds to rest :D

Audio said:
I can't believe someone said Temple is an a better location than anywhere else...including Hell :D

Maybe it's just canadians that think it's the worst place on earth. At my interview there was a canadian guy there that looked like he was going to piss himself when he found out that we were going to have to walk down the street to go get lunch.
But I agree with Audio that case is in a nice area of cleveland, I've been there before, but not for an interview