Case Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SMW

Grand Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
They've had my check since Oct. 1 without cashing it. Are they just really slow at processing secondaries?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't remember the exact time frame, but it did take a while for them to cash mine.

Unfortunately the cashed my check before they promptly rejected me, so I couldnt stop payment on it. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay! They finally cashed it! Wonder how long 'til I hear something... Exactly how prompt was your rejection, baylor 21? HairlessHeart, have you heard from them?

I'm not eactly sure where you are in the process, but since I was EDP I actually scheduled an interview the day I sent out my secondary. I was accepted two weeks from the time they interviewed me. From what I understand, they try their best to keep it within that time frame.

Congrats, HairlessHeart!! :D That's terrific! An actual EDP acceptance!!! :) What made you apply there EDP? Did you have an inspired "what else have you been interested in?" essay?

Thank you SMW! Why did I apply there EDP? Many many reasons. Here are just a few...

1. Curriculum: everything about it really fits my personality..one "committee" (topic) at a time with integration from other areas and use of PBL..pass/fail in 1st two years...afternoons are free for electives (awesome)...overall, the student is given a lot of personal responsibility to direct his/her own education and explore area of interest.

2.Students: very laid back, yet very intelligent, serious, and happy!!. From my expierience can't say that about certain other Ohio universities....

3. It's in Ohio: I would prefer to spend the next 4 yrs in OH, and CWRU is by far my favorite. Even if I didn't want to stay in OH, it would still be extremely high, if not at the top of my list.

My essay: Nothing earth-shattering (no basket weaving in the himalayas for me). But, I humbly admit that it was a very engaging, well written essay about golf. ;)