Case Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mtDNA

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at Case Western on October 28th. Today, I received a letter from them. It says that my application is being put on hold to compare to later applicants and that I could get an acceptance any time throughout the year. Anyone else get this? Is this a bad sign? I've been getting a lot of these...

Members don't see this ad.

I got that letter too...I think its a lot better than being waitlisted since we are going to continue to be reviewed for a final decision...

lets keep our hopes up!

Sorry, guys, that's a fancy way to say "waitlist".

But that's not bad news, most schools do reevaluate candidates on a constant basis, in order to create a diverse class, so while they may not be jumping up and down for you, you're good enough for them to consider further. You really have a lot of hope. Good luck. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
On Hold here as well..........What are the chances of being accepted off the "ON Hold" list from now until March ? Anyone know?

The way it worked last year was that if you weren't accepted right away, you were stuck on this hold list. Then in April or something like that, you were either rejected or put on a wait list, from which people were taken off as people withdrew.

i'm on it with you guys. it certainly sounds better than the waitlist letter i received from Pitt, even if it isn't. Anyone know the number of people got in off this on hold status?