Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Case Western

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by mtDNA, Nov 15, 2005.

1. mtDNA

mtDNA Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I interviewed at Case Western on October 28th. Today, I received a letter from them. It says that my application is being put on hold to compare to later applicants and that I could get an acceptance any time throughout the year. Anyone else get this? Is this a bad sign? I've been getting a lot of these...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy Member
    5+ Year Member

I got that letter too...I think its a lot better than being waitlisted since we are going to continue to be reviewed for a final decision...

lets keep our hopes up!

4. inthe4cast

inthe4cast What's in the 4-cast?
    5+ Year Member

Sorry, guys, that's a fancy way to say "waitlist".

But that's not bad news, most schools do reevaluate candidates on a constant basis, in order to create a diverse class, so while they may not be jumping up and down for you, you're good enough for them to consider further. You really have a lot of hope. Good luck. :thumbup:

5. Medbound786

Medbound786 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

On Hold here as well..........What are the chances of being accepted off the "ON Hold" list from now until March ? Anyone know?

6. MrTee

MrTee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

The way it worked last year was that if you weren't accepted right away, you were stuck on this hold list. Then in April or something like that, you were either rejected or put on a wait list, from which people were taken off as people withdrew.

7. gbbdoc

gbbdoc Member
    5+ Year Member

i'm on it with you guys. it certainly sounds better than the waitlist letter i received from Pitt, even if it isn't. Anyone know the number of people got in off this on hold status?