case western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Juevon

El juevon de los juevones
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
well guys i think i just got my first rejection, case just sent me a letter telling me that my app is on hold until they see my 2007 fall grades, weird huh?, i just thought with a 3.5 gpa, and 3.5 science gpa, with a 20 AA and 19 PAT and 20 TS i would at least get an interview, what do you guys think, are they raising the bar or something, I also have a double major in bio and spanish, what the #@$#@$@#$@#%$#^%$&

Members don't see this ad.

from what ive heard a lot of poeple with good stats like urs get rejected from case. My guess is that its something in ur app. that might have made a big deal to them....what it might be i have nooo idea. I think youll be fine getting in somewhere with those stats. Everyone is gonna get rejected from some schools so dont let it get u down.

I don't think that it's necessarily a rejection. They might just be waiting to see what grades you get for the Fall semester (especially if you are taking important hard classes like biochem or micro). But, of course, that is just an idea. Maybe you should call them to find out more details. Either way, I wouldn't get too discouraged. You have a good GPA and good scores, so I am sure you will get in somewhere, especially if your LORs, personal statement, and application are solid.

Members don't see this ad :)
at least you didn't get a flat out rejection like me! man does it suck to get one this early. I'm sorry to say but the case "hold" isn't a good thing, it's sorta like UoP's "to be rereviewed" - the kiss of rejection

i know it sometimes hurts but just focus your efforts elsewhere you will be fine

ugh, i got my 1st rejection from case today also....so sad :(

For those of you who have already gotten rejected from Case, could you share your stats please?

For those of you who have already gotten rejected from Case, could you share your stats please?

I got rejected by CASE. I had 3.48gpa & 3.43 sgpa and 21TS 21AA 24PAT.
I think my RC was too low.

I wrote this on another thread, but it may be useful to some of you.

Case rejected me last year, when I was a double major (statistics, neuroscience) with good grades, and a 23 AA on my DAT. I'm also a girl (which shouldn't help but does). Granted, I applied really late, but still...I should have gotten at least an interview.

The irony is my now-husband is a 3rd year at Case and I work here doing research. 3 of the faculty members I work with are on the adcom, so I know a little bit about the process. Basically it's a complete mess, and it's kind of a crapshoot. It's all about the earliest applicants. They are also trying to attract independent learners bc of their new PBL curriculum. I'm sure it sucks to hear it, but really, if you get it anywhere else it will be A. cheaper and probably B. a better education. Clinic here is great, but they have a lot of kinks in PBL to work out before kids can pass their boards. Good luck!