Case Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The Musketeer said:
Congratulations on getting into the school of your dream! Right now we (1st yrs) are out an about at various elementary schools doing sealants for 2nd and 6th graders. It is very fun, especially with the 2nd graders since they are always very happy!
!!

It is fun, isn't it ? We're performing oral exam and sealant. I like the 2nd graders too. Man, they're excessively happy. No school and no test until Jan 3. :D :D :D :D

Members don't see this ad.

Sprgrover said:
I just called Case and was told I'm in! Case is certainly at the top of my list, so I guess I might end up calling Cleveland home for the next four years. Congratulations to everyone else! :D

Cool ! Cost of living in Cleveland is much cheaper than any other cities.

The Musketeer said:
I've had mine in mid Dec and during my interviews, none of the interviewers gave me any hints that I was accepted, but sure enough, in a week, there was the acceptance letter!

So don't worry, just focus on the rest of your interviews and come December, you will find out!
I was just wondering how you like Case? I just got accepted there today, and was just wondering whats the atmosphere is like over there? Such as, is it very competative?

Members don't see this ad :)
I really like Case so far, the only negative that I have on the school is that right now all the lecutre materials are compressed into short period of time, ie: gross anatomy course only last one semester at Case where we have to learn everything except the legs. In other schools like UDM, they spread their anatomy course to the whole year so you have time to breath and absorb. Also in our dental anatomy course, we learn all the tooth characteristics (permanent and deciduous) in just 3/4 semesters. I just think this is too much to take in give the time given. However, having said that, I have talked to the professors and they have informed me that starting next year, they will be decompressing marterials in various courses (removing information that are not relevant to us) and incorporate more of a 'self-directed (more interactive) learning', instead of just studying blindly from lecture notes that are handed out in class.

Also, the clinical aspect of Case is very good. I guess you know about the DentSims. Well, we start working on these machines about the 2nd week of school and we also are situated to deal with real patients very early (via sealant weeks) which I like! We will also be start to have Perio patients pretty soon (Feb 05) so I think all in all Case clinical perspective has to be ahead of most schools.

So far the students are very nice, there are really no competition between students that I can see. All the students share extra notes that they have gathered with everyone so that is a positive as well. Most of the professors are very friendly and won't mind if you want extra tutoring sessions with them after class time.

grinningrice said:
I was just wondering how you like Case? I just got accepted there today, and was just wondering whats the atmosphere is like over there? Such as, is it very competative?

The only thing I didn't like about Case students is that when our group was taken down the hall for the tour, the students has a very strange look on their faces. I guess it is Case's tradition since it was totally different at other schools I've been for an interview :D

From a technological perspective, Case looked a lot more advance than IU, SUNY, NOVA and even NYU. I believe Case Western is one of the first schools using 1 gigabit network along with other bells and whistles :)

congrats DDS2BE, on acceptance to case, I got accepted as well =). Any truth to the fact that people that interview say in august all got accepted????

Mr. Teethpulla said:
congrats DDS2BE, on acceptance to case, I got accepted as well =). Any truth to the fact that people that interview say in august all got accepted????

I interviewed in August and was accepted.....if that helps to clarify anything.

Mr. Teethpulla said:
I was interviewed in August, and was accepted.

I interviewed in August but still haven't heard anything. Ofcourse I haven't called them either. I just don't think I could take the rejection like that, it would be much easier to just read it from the letter. :eek:

hrm at vcu ( from what i have heard) anatomy is done in 6 weeks. only course tho

wammmy said:
I interviewed in August but still haven't heard anything. Ofcourse I haven't called them either. I just don't think I could take the rejection like that, it would be much easier to just read it from the letter. :eek:
Well, I didn't receive the official acceptance letter from CASE yet. If I didn't call, I would be in your shoes right now.

Go ahead, make that call.

The Musketeer said:
I really like Case so far, the only negative that I have on the school is that right now all the lecutre materials are compressed into short period of time, ie: gross anatomy course only last one semester at Case where we have to learn everything except the legs. In other schools like UDM, they spread their anatomy course to the whole year so you have time to breath and absorb. Also in our dental anatomy course, we learn all the tooth characteristics (permanent and deciduous) in just 3/4 semesters. I just think this is too much to take in give the time given. .

'Cause you spent too much time at the bars and Veale center chasing girls. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Just kidding! :D

Mr. Teethpulla said:

I interviewed in August... maybe we should make a poll and finally get this issue resolved for the future Case applicants :D
And contrats to you too :thumbup:
What's your 1st choice if you don't mind me asking?

Mo007 said:
Well, I didn't receive the official acceptance letter from CASE yet. If I didn't call, I would be in your shoes right now.

Go ahead, make that call.

Okay so I got up the courage to call and I'm in, man that was great news to hear.
Maybe August interview does = acceptance.

wammmy said:
Okay so I got up the courage to call and I'm in, man that was great news to hear.
Maybe August interview does = acceptance.
Told you so... Congrats man.

ya i also interviewed in august and was accepted