Case

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YankeeDoodle193

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey did anyone else check case's iapply??? It has all this new stuff about being accepted for me although I didnt recieve official word.

Let me know guys!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey did anyone else check case's iapply??? It has all this new stuff about being accepted for me although I didnt recieve official word.

Let me know guys!!

Yeah, you're right, I wonder what this means. Are you referring to the new "Additional Documents" links?

Don't you guys think it must be a mistake? Everything looks like it's for class of 2011...?

Members don't see this ad :)
I see that stuff too. all the dates are for last year's incoming class though.... is anyone going to call the admissions office?

I see that stuff too. all the dates are for last year's incoming class though.... is anyone going to call the admissions office?

I keep getting the answering machine.

I just talked with a kind woman on the phone who seemed a bit confused about the situation. She said she would call me back in a bit. I guess we'll just have to wait a bit more!

I just talked with a kind woman on the phone who seemed a bit confused about the situation. She said she would call me back in a bit. I guess we'll just have to wait a bit more!

I don't see anything under "additional documents." When did you guys interview?

Now those links under Additional Documents have disappeared, so back to waiting and waiting!

:confused:

I think this still is a good sign though.
They're allowed to post acceptance info as of 10/15, so if it was a sign of an acceptance there was no reason to remove it. Thus, it's a meaningless sign. Best of luck though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Check iapply guys!!

gonna be a doc...WOW

Goodluck

Check iapply guys!!

gonna be a doc...WOW

Goodluck
Congrats! I haven't gotten an email yet.....but I checked iApply and I was outright rejected. I'm completely shocked, although it wasn't my first choice school. Still, it stings a little >).

I had great interviews at Case, and so-so interviews where I was accepted...go figure!

Post interview hold here. Sigh.....

My interviewer said "almost everyone who gets waitlisted gets in off the list." I don't know if it's true or not, but that's what he said.

But again, is "application on hold" the same as "waitlisted" at cwru ?

My interviewer said "almost everyone who gets waitlisted gets in off the list." I don't know if it's true or not, but that's what he said.

I don't think so. The message said that we could be accepted at any point from now until April. I then says on the admissions website that all those who are on hold will by notified of their waitlist status by April.

So the question then becomes: Does Case put anyone on the waitlist at this point, or is it all holds? If it is all holds, then thinking pessimistically, one could essentially be in a waitlist spot for the whole season and not know it.

Congrats to those accepted! I wish I had your peace of mind. The worst part is studying for a midterm tonight that I could have more or less blown off if I was accepted.

Congrats to you all! I hope I'll be joining you guys soon! I think i was in the second group of interviews (10/8). I thought I heard during the interview that they will let us know around 10/22. Anyone else think they know?

It's a bit different at Case. They don't have a 'waitlist' per se at this point. Anybody who is not rejected or accepted after their interview is placed on hold. What happens is, at the end of the season they build the waitlist from about half of the hold list. Then they use the waitlist to fill any remaining seats.

Last year, they only took a handful of people from that eventual waitlist. Probably 10 students at most, I believe. There is a Case 2011 waitlist thread around here that chronicles the process.

Ok, after spending time I don't have poring over last years threads, this seems to be the situation. About 1/3 of each group is accepted and the rest are put on hold. Those on hold will start to be re-reviewed starting in Jan-Feb. So there is a possibility of a straight out acceptance from Jan-April. From there it goes into waitlist mode. Certainly not as optimistic as the hold letter would indicate.

Ah, I guess given that my GPA is below their average and that I'm currently in school full-time, I bet I'll be interviewing to be placed on hold and have to send them my grades. Oh well, such is life.

I can tell you for certain that this is not true. Last year they had almost no waitlist movement. Trust me, I know. :(

There was like no waitlist movement last year, although a couple people did come off the hold list right around February.

There was like no waitlist movement last year, although a couple people did come off the hold list right around February.

only a couple? wow. that's very discouraging to hear :(