Case

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nixon13

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got a rejection letter today on my bday from Case. Thought for sure I would atleast land an interview, guess not.

:(

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to hear that, :( but Happy Birthday! :D

Wow, that's surprising given your stats. Did you have a low section on your DAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
you have solid stats too :[ i'm sure you will get in. happy bday!

yea i messed up in reading comp. got frapped.

yea i messed up in reading comp. got frapped.

I read another thread where someone was requested to take the DAT again as his RC=18...I guess that is the reason I got canned as well on 8/5/08...

On a side note, I am happy to see another nittany lion on this thread!

WE ARE...

Got my first rejection today from Case. I wonder what's wrong with my app. I amma call them tmr. Maybe its my sub 3.0 non-science gpa... or maybe my 18 RC. ARGGG I wanted to visit cleveland!!!

dang your stat is really good and you are rejected? I am getting nervous. Is RC really important for CASE?

dang your stat is really good and you are rejected? I am getting nervous. Is RC really important for CASE?

I called them a couple days ago and they were telling me how they thought it was the most important section, and how it seemed to correlate with how students did on the board exams. I got a 19/19/20 on my DAT and they told me to retake it to try and get my 18 RC up to a 19 or 20.

I was put on "hold" until I retake the DAT just because of my 19 RC.... seems they are more interested in that than anything else given that I had a 23 TS and 21 AA. Needless to say I'm not retaking it, so I guess I got rejected as well.

:eek: Wow, from all the entry stats I got from Case I thought I had a decent chance, but now i'm starting to worry! What do you guys think they'll have to say about my stats?

gpa 3.37
sc 3.32

pat 22
aa 19
ts 19
rc 25
bio 20
gchm 18
pchm 18
qr 16 (blah-but all the schools said a ton of people get around that and it wouldn't matter.)

I also just finished 5 credits of histopathology this summer aith all A's. Doesn't go into the gpa, but at least my brain is still functional. :laugh:

arg, i talked to case western. They want me to retake the dat :(:(:(.

my friend/coworker goes to cleveland clinic med school, so i really wanted to go visit case western :(.

Man. That stinks! Are you going to or are you going to hope the other schools bite?

i just looked at predents! Unbelievable on the DAT! You should definitely get other offers.

i dont know. I wasn't going to, but maybe I should.

arg, i talked to case western. They want me to retake the dat :(:(:(.

my friend/coworker goes to cleveland clinic med school, so i really wanted to go visit case western :(.

that's pretty crazy of Case. I would never retake with those scores.

I was put on "hold" until I retake the DAT just because of my 19 RC.... seems they are more interested in that than anything else given that I had a 23 TS and 21 AA. Needless to say I'm not retaking it, so I guess I got rejected as well.

that's so weird. i got interview invite even though i have 19RC
does that mean they made a mistake on my file:eek:
now i dont know if i have a chance after interview

that's so weird. i got interview invite even though i have 19RC
does that mean they made a mistake on my file:eek:
now i dont know if i have a chance after interview

it's not solely based on the DAT scores, there's your gpa, ECs, letters, and etc. They look at the app. as a whole package.

it's totally fine to have a 19, if your other stats makes up for it. you are fine!

i just got my case letter in the mail asking for money and scores. after they see my scores and get my money, im sure my rejection letter will be sent out in the mail asap :laugh:

i just got my case letter in the mail asking for money and scores. after they see my scores and get my money, im sure my rejection letter will be sent out in the mail asap :laugh:

If your sure then why would you send them money? I don't think i would pay to receive a rejection.

it's Not Solely Based On The Dat Scores, There's Your Gpa, Ecs, Letters, And Etc. They Look At The App. As A Whole Package.

It's Totally Fine To Have A 19, If Your Other Stats Makes Up For It. You Are Fine!

True Dat