Case

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WSUreds

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here interview at Case yet? I have one right after the new year and just wanted to hear some of yall's opinions'.

Members don't see this ad.

Case can kiss my ass, as choker would say :D

I have their rejection letter hanging on my wall. They didnt even bother to offer an interview.

Oh well in all seriousness (I'm not really that bitter I understand that schools are looking for different things) I'm sure its a great program.

I've heard of several people on this forum getting interviews there and a couple of acceptances. I'm sure they'll respond to your post shortly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I have interviewed at Case and I really liked the school! The interview day is really laid back, so don't worry about it. You interview with one faculty member, and the interview is supposed to last about 1/2 to 1 hour. I didn't personally get asked any real challenging questions...the interviewer just seemed really interested in learning more about what I had written down in my application and giving me information on the school. You also have a tour of the school, a talk with current students, a talk from financial aid people, and lunch.

I really liked the atmosphere and the attitude of the school...come prepared with questions because there is tons of time to ask them. Good luck!

:)

Case was great. Really liked it. I interviewed with the Chairman of Surgery there and he was chill about the whole time. I liked the area where is located.

Dont sweat it... they are cool.

Did anyone have Dr. Jonathan Schaffer?

I had Dr. Shaffer(sp?) here's how things played out.... He told me that I was a perfect match for his school, and that I'd thrive at CWRU. Their HOLD letter is buried somewhere on my table.

I interview there near the end of the month...I have Dr. Jerry something... (yes, I'll remember his name by the time I interview ;) ).

Edit: I meant end of Jan.

I had the same experience as UCLA2000 except I had Dr. Jerry Shuck. All he could say was how impressed he was with my letters of rec and my MCAT and my work experience and my volunteer experience and how CWRU would be a place that I could really thrive in and beyond in the field of medicine. I got put on HOLD also. So who knows... unless you get handed the acceptance letter during the interview.... you will probably be surprised with their correspondance.

I interviewed on October 23rd and got my acceptance Oct.31st. I also work at Case and went to undergrad there so when you find out who is interviewing you can feel free to email me or post and maybe I'll know something about them. As for any questions about Case in general, feel free to post those as well. Essentially, although "laid back" is thrown around a lot when trying to sell a med school, I think Case seriously fits the term - which is weird for one of the more prestigious medical schools. To be honest, the facilities aren't too pretty (no windows for the most part etc.) but they are pretty high tech in the classroom and offer a lot of clinical exposure from the beginning with electives and the "follow a pregnant lady" opportunity in the first year. Anyways, if you have any more specific questions post or email and I would be happy to help.

I'm also a Case undergrad but associate a lot with the med school. The students are really sound, nice, down-to-earth. And the profs really go out of their way to try to help and instill knowledge. As far as Case interviewing only Ohioans...I don't think that's it. They're trying to draw in more diversity as a whole campus and I know of a few out-of-staters who've gotten interviews...but not many. GOOD LUCK WITH the interviews and hopeful acceptances :) .

I have to agree that the facilities are rather 1970's blockish and whoever did floor coloring and building design probably was on drugs. I've had to redirect lost interviewees who ended up in the anatomy lab rather than the front entrance, probably not a very pleasant welcome :) .

Oh, and Cleveland weather is not so nice...

I just got my acceptance letter from Case today, so I have a very high opinion on it right now!

As far as out of state interviews, when i was there they said the people they interview is roughly 45% in state, 55% out of state, while they try to get their class to be 60% in-state, 40% out-of-state. The original applicant pool has many more out-of-staters (like 80%), so they try to cut some of the out-of-staters at each step. There are also real quick about the decision process--I was just there two weeks ago! That is very nice! What a Christmas present!

I had Dr. Schaffer, too. I was from UCLA. I didn't get the same positive feedback as the other two bruins got, but I had the same result. Put on Hold. Maybe they do that to out of staters.

Case served me with my first and only rejection thus far. I have quite a few interviews and got accepted to an out-of-state school that accepts a much lower proportion of out-of-state students than Case. So to those of you that had/have interviews and or got accepted to Case, congrats! I guess I wasn't a match for the school.