Cash Price for Medicare Nerve Blocks?

Started by drusso
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

If Medicare stops paying for nerve blocks what is a good cash price?

  • Less than $100

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • $100-$200

    Votes: 2 8.3%
  • $200-$300

    Votes: 13 54.2%
  • $300-$400

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • More than $400

    Votes: 2 8.3%

  • Total voters
    24
For peripheral nerves that are "easy", I charge $175/nerve. If there are multiple in a small area I might throw in 1-2 more for free. For example occipital + great auricular + supraorbital/trochlear + zygomaticofacial - I do that for $350/side. Bilateral occipitals with some trap hydrodissection - $350. LFCN - $175. Pudendals are harder, so $350 for those (and frankly I think that's low). SPG - $375. SGB - $575.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For peripheral nerves that are "easy", I charge $175/nerve. If there are multiple in a small area I might throw in 1-2 more for free. For example occipital + great auricular + supraorbital/trochlear + zygomaticofacial - I do that for $350/side. Bilateral occipitals with some trap hydrodissection - $350. LFCN - $175. Pudendals are harder, so $350 for those (and frankly I think that's low). SPG - $375. SGB - $575.
What region do you live in? This seems low/reasonable.