CASPER - How much does it matter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marreldj

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know for Canadian schools that the casper has some sort of significant weighting. I was just wondering how much do they matter for American med schools?

Members don't see this ad.

It's likely school-dependent. If this is the first year the school is using it, it probably doesn't have much weight (i.e. they may just be piloting it).

Some schools outright say they consider it along with GPA, MCAT etc. So it matters for a few schools that require it and we don't really know for the other schools that do. I believe NYMC and Miami say that they consider CASPER scores for at least interview consideration on their website.

Members don't see this ad :)
It does matter to the specific schools that have it, if the school requires it it means that they have put some thought into weighing it as apart of your application.

I feel like it’s more useful for ruling out sociopaths than for separating the 70th percentile from the 90th percentile, but your guess is as good as mine. The scoring is arbitrary and CASPer themselves says it is not a “test”...

Reactions: 1 user
some schools that are using it, are only using it for testing right now so it doesnt hold too much weight in apps