CASPer New Requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kippermr

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of the programs I'm applying to is utilizing CASPer which is a situational judgement test assessing our empathy and communication skills. The website said more and more programs are starting to use these tests, since test scores aren't an accurate predictor of student or PT success. Has anyone taken this assessment before and have advice on what to expect or how to prepare? I figured the biggest key is to just be myself, but I'm a little nervous about the time limit per question.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think they offer a practice version before the real deal so you can get a sense for what they are like. They are used widely in Canada in PT/OT schools.

For the time limit, I made sure to quickly write at least a sentence in each answer space that answers the question. That way, I can go back and expand on each answer with the extra time remaining without worrying if I left anything blank. The way I see it is any answer is better than no answer (as long as you're a decent human).

Members don't see this ad :)
I took this last year and the program and got accepted. I'd be glad to give you more insight on it! DM me for more details.

I think they offer a practice version before the real deal so you can get a sense for what they are like. They are used widely in Canada in PT/OT schools.
Oh perfect, I'll check that out!

For the time limit, I made sure to quickly write at least a sentence in each answer space that answers the question. That way, I can go back and expand on each answer with the extra time remaining without worrying if I left anything blank. The way I see it is any answer is better than no answer (as long as you're a decent human).
That's a really good tip, I'll take advantage of it!