Casper Snapshot

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bavestry

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
None of the schools I've applied to have mentioned anything about Casper Snapshot. In your opinion, should I take the initiative and reach out to each school's admissions office asking whether they will be using this tool, or should I just wait until they let me know themselves? I want to reach out if it will show initiative, but I don't want to reach out if they will just be annoyed.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow... In the 5 years since I had to take this garbage test it's only gotten significantly worse hasn't it?
don't forget the new Situational Judgement Test. Geisinger to no surprise is "strongly recommending" it, as well as a bunch of other schools

don't forget the new Situational Judgement Test. Geisinger to no surprise is "strongly recommending" it, as well as a bunch of other schools
Wtf is a situational judgement test? Why is it necessary to produce doctors? I knew things would get worse with this but not this bad. A few residency programs even started requiring it last year. The number is so small that my class thankfully has the luxury of not applying to them, but what will it look like for these kids in 5 more years???

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Ultravox Vienna,
Would you mind sharing what schools you reached out to?
Apart from the couple of TX schools that require Snapshot, the only school that did require Snapshot was Colorado. Every other non-Texas MD school currently does not require Snapshot as of this date.

A few schools mentioned requiring both Casper and Duet though, but Duet is laid back and low pressure.

Reactions: 1 users
Apart from the couple of TX schools that require Snapshot, the only school that did require Snapshot was Colorado. Every other non-Texas MD school currently does not require Snapshot as of this date.

A few schools mentioned requiring both Casper and Duet though, but Duet is laid back and low pressure.
Did you happen to email Virginia Commonwealth or Rutgers? I can't find anything on their websites :/

Did you happen to email Virginia Commonwealth or Rutgers? I can't find anything on their websites :/
vcu snapshot not required. not sure about duet. Did not reach out to rutgers. just shoot them an email if you're worried