cavities are mean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

uklover08

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
sugar hurts my teeth. discuss.

Members don't see this ad.

When sweets hurt (i.e. chocolates) it's a sign of a cavity that just got through the enamel and just hit dentin.....if a cavity gets deeper...ironically it doesn't hurt as much....until it hits the pulp..then you're in trouble....

I've heard that the dali lama eats sugar. I also eat sugar. I figure that on my deathbed I will achieve total consciousness. So I have that going for me, which is nice.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am really hoping I am not the only predent with a lot of cavities...????:confused:

sugar hurts my teeth. discuss.

I am assuming your cavity will first be addressed. If the sensitivity persists, try that sensodyne toothpaste to see if that helps. If it doesn't, though I am not yet a dentist, I think you are looking at a root canal in your future.

sensodyne will take care of temperature sensitivity (ie cold due to gum recession)....but sensitivity to sweets is a definite sign of a cavity...although not deep enough to be a root canal.....but nonetheless a filling....

I've heard that the dali lama eats sugar. I also eat sugar. I figure that on my deathbed I will achieve total consciousness. So I have that going for me, which is nice.

caddyshack ftw.

I am really hoping I am not the only predent with a lot of cavities...????:confused:

don't worry, I've already had 3(4?) root canals. My teeth are made of marshmallows.

I was beginning to wonder what my dentist was thinking of me...

I swear I just have really soft teeth! :D

Come on, folks. Wait till you finish dental school to start giving out free professional advice, and even then, don't do it until you've at least seen the patient. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.