Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

CBT 3 scores

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by 07MCAT, Apr 6, 2007.

1. 07MCAT

I'm taking the MAy 31 mcat and wanted to guage my self, so I took the AAMC CBT3 and got an 8 in physics and and an 8 verbal. I didn't get a chance to do the bio section. Is this good? or is the CBT3 an easy exam?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tartrate

CBT-3 is considered easier by most people.

An 8 is about the average score per section.

I pick e. Not enough information to provide an accurate assessment of your situation.

4. DiverDoc

DiverDoc KCUMB 2012

Attending Physician
    I have heard its easier. However, I took the PS section today. (second time, months apart) and it is a little tricky compared to some of the other PS sections Ive taken.

5. meddoc1

Hi everyone,
    I am new here, I am taking my MCAT in May 11.... I have been preparing for it for a long time. I still don't feel confident. My worst section is VB. I am not a native speaker thats why I am really not good at it...Have been getting 7-8 for verbal... When i don't time myself, I can do really well, maybe miss one or two every passage but when I time myself... I never finish the exam... sometime having to guess an entire passage. :mad:I need help!!!!!

6. DiverDoc

DiverDoc KCUMB 2012

Attending Physician
    PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE for VR that is all.

Try a different enviornment every now and then. It helped my score a little.

7. mvenus929

Physician

Attending Physician
    I took the 3R back in November (they may have changed it since), without any studying, and I got a 31 total (I have forgotten my breakdown). All the practice tests I have taken since range between a 25 and 27 (none of which were other AAMC tests... all Gold Standard, Kaplan Diagnostic, and Princeton Diagnostic)

8. MDAdam

Pre-Medical
    Sit down, take a full length CBT without skipping any sections, and then come back to report your scores. Taking a day break inbetween sections does not accurately reflect the real MCAT, although it would be nice if we could take the sections when we wanted to... hmm...