CBT 3 scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

07MCAT

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the MAy 31 mcat and wanted to guage my self, so I took the AAMC CBT3 and got an 8 in physics and and an 8 verbal. I didn't get a chance to do the bio section. Is this good? or is the CBT3 an easy exam?

Members don't see this ad.

CBT-3 is considered easier by most people.

An 8 is about the average score per section.

I pick e. Not enough information to provide an accurate assessment of your situation.

I have heard its easier. However, I took the PS section today. (second time, months apart) and it is a little tricky compared to some of the other PS sections Ive taken.

Hi everyone,
I am new here, I am taking my MCAT in May 11.... I have been preparing for it for a long time. I still don't feel confident. My worst section is VB. I am not a native speaker thats why I am really not good at it...Have been getting 7-8 for verbal... When i don't time myself, I can do really well, maybe miss one or two every passage but when I time myself... I never finish the exam... sometime having to guess an entire passage. :mad:I need help!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,
I am new here, I am taking my MCAT in May 11.... I have been preparing for it for a long time. I still don't feel confident. My worst section is VB. I am not a native speaker thats why I am really not good at it...Have been getting 7-8 for verbal... When i don't time myself, I can do really well, maybe miss one or two every passage but when I time myself... I never finish the exam... sometime having to guess an entire passage. :mad:I need help!!!!!

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE for VR that is all.

Try a different enviornment every now and then. It helped my score a little.

I'm taking the MAy 31 mcat and wanted to guage my self, so I took the AAMC CBT3 and got an 8 in physics and and an 8 verbal. I didn't get a chance to do the bio section. Is this good? or is the CBT3 an easy exam?

I took the 3R back in November (they may have changed it since), without any studying, and I got a 31 total (I have forgotten my breakdown). All the practice tests I have taken since range between a 25 and 27 (none of which were other AAMC tests... all Gold Standard, Kaplan Diagnostic, and Princeton Diagnostic)

Sit down, take a full length CBT without skipping any sections, and then come back to report your scores. Taking a day break inbetween sections does not accurately reflect the real MCAT, although it would be nice if we could take the sections when we wanted to... hmm...