CBT and next year's application process

Started by vashka
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

vashka

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do you guys think that the new CBT MCAT will affect applications next year. It seems that it would allow more people to apply sooner, but most exam times are still for April and August, though the scores ill ocme out sooner as well.
 
vashka said:
How do you guys think that the new CBT MCAT will affect applications next year. It seems that it would allow more people to apply sooner, but most exam times are still for April and August, though the scores ill ocme out sooner as well.

I think the usual things:

People who apply early will have less of an advantage
People who apply late will have even more of a disadvantage

Although... I forsee more people taking it in early summer, right after Spring semester. A lot of people took it in April while taking 4-6 other classes, so they didn't do as well. In summer you can have some more time to study.

I love the one month turnaround and I'm glad you'll be able to do the written portion on computer. It was always a pain to be writing something and realize you should stick a sentence in somewhere to make it flow better.