CBT Verbal practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woodhorse22

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am retaking the MCAT in April. I feel like I need more practice in Verbal because I am not quite scoring where I would like. I used up the EK 101 book for the August exam already, so I am not sure if I should use them again. However, where I can get more practice in Verbal, preferrably on the computer? I don't want to use up the AAMC exams as of now.. saving them for later. I also am doing the TPR Verbal Workbook. It has like 4 full length exams, which are in the old format. So not sure how to judge that. Should I just reuse the EK 101 books despite the fact they are paper and pencil and have been used before? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I would go through the TPR book. They got some tough passages in there. Most importantly, time yourself strictly. The new format, which I think is 7 passages in 60 minutes, is really giving me a difficult time. Also, I'm having trouble transitioning to reading on the computer. For some odd reason it seems that I read slower. It strains the eyes a bit too since I'm focusing really hard trying not to miss anything. I wonder if they let you bring in eye droppers cause it looks like I'm going to need it on test day.