CC Class boost

Started by UTman7777
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UTman7777

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Guys,

I decided 4 months ago i wanted to be a doctor. I need all my pre-reqs other than chem 1 and phy 1 and 2. I was too late to go to a 4 year college for the spring semester so I am taking Bio 1 over the spring at a CC and will be attending a 4 year university starting in the summer for the rest of my pre-reqs.

I have a sub 3.0 cgpa. I wanted to raise it. I am wondering if it would be smart to take some fluff classes along with bio 1 at the cc to raise my cgpa. The medical relevant classes would be like "essentials for medical terminology" and "general professional health management" I am sure I could score an "A" in these classes.

Also should I take non-relevant classes at the cc and 4 year university to just boost my cgpa?

I know the adcom might see through it but I would rather they see through it and I have a 3.10 then they see a 2.82 and just pass on me.

Looking forward to the feedback and I love SDN!!!

P.S. I am not worried about my sgpa because if I do well in my pre-reqs it will fall somewhere between 3.4 and 3.6. (I have not taken a lot of sciences before)
 
Last edited: