CC classes after graduation?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by thanecyan, May 2, 2007.

1. thanecyan

5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    Hey all :)

I'll be graduating May '08 with a BS in Psychology, minoring in Biology. I plan on applying to medical school after I graduate.
    I made C's in Chem2 and Genetics and I was thinking about retaking these two courses at a local community college because it would be cheaper.
    Does this idea sound OK?
    I looked a little deeper in the community college's course listing and I found that they offered Anatomy as well as Microbio. I was thinking about taking these two as well.

Thoughts?
    Thanks

2. nascardoc

nascardoc Daddy to 2 kiddos
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Been there, done that, no problem :thumbup:

I have taken a few classes before and after graduating at a CC (including Micro, Anatomy, etc.) and I never had any problems. Just make sure it is an accredited instituition. Good luck :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tanner82

Tanner82 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    no problem at all... aacomas replaces the grade... counts the same at hicksville CC as it does at harvard

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. scdocusc

2+ Year Member

call the schools you are applying to.... not all schools will "like" that you took them at CC's. I would check with the schools if you are interested in them

5. OP
    OP
    thanecyan

5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student