cc credits?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zellyen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i havent taken any science pre-reqs at a CC, however, i took 2 english classes at a CC and transferred them to my 4 year university. Do schools accept this? cause if not. im screwed. *i know Tufts and BU? doesn't accept CC credits* but i have also heard that CC credits drastically reduce your chances of getting into NYU and Temple.. is this true?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Tufts DOES accept CC credits. Half of my education was spent at a CC and I will be starting at Tufts next month..Also, I took two semesters of english at my CC and Tufts accepted that.

Word on the street is that Tufts is one of the schools that likes CC credits the leasts..so if I can get accepted by them with my situation described above, I don't think you'll have a problem with your two english classes.

well, i've done some research and it seems like those schools say that they don't accept CC's make some exceptions. I don't think they happen all that often. what were your stats when you got accepted? just wondering

Members don't see this ad :)
Tufts DOES accept CC credits. Half of my education was spent at a CC and I will be starting at Tufts next month..Also, I took two semesters of english at my CC and Tufts accepted that.

Word on the street is that Tufts is one of the schools that likes CC credits the leasts..so if I can get accepted by them with my situation described above, I don't think you'll have a problem with your two english classes.

Did you take just GE or pre-reqs as well? It was my understanding that they were fine with taking GE at the CC level, but not with pre-reqs, I'd love to hear that I'm wrong.

And yes, some schools that claim to not take CC credit for pre-reqs actually do.

yea thats what is troubling me. since my 2 english classes transfer over to my 4 year university as GE, but also count as the 1 year of English pre-req to aadsas

All GE with the exception of English 101 and 102. Tufts accepted those two classes as pre-reqs, so it must just be science pre-reqs at CC's. I had 3.4 non-science, 3.08 science, 19AA, 20TS, 22PAT when I was invited for interview.

Last edited:
All GE with the exception of English 101 and 102. Tufts accepted those two classes as pre-reqs, so it must just be science pre-reqs at CC's. I had 3.4 non-science, 3.08 science, 19AA, 20TS, 22PAT when I was invited for interview.

Yeah... that's what I was thinking they'd do, it makes sense. If you aren't going to take any science pre-reqs, you might as well still give people from CC's a chance.