tysoncoyote

2+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey all,

I am 32 looking to apply to med school next cycle (2021 matriculation). Wondering if it makes sense to retake classes at a CC to refresh since I have been out of school for a while (graduated 7 years ago). BA in Psychology - overall GPA is a 3.6 - all done at my university except for an intro biochem class I took a couple of years ago at a CC which I got an A in. Science GPA is a 3.45 which includes a big F (5 credit hours) from precalc my Freshman semester - I retook the class and got an A later on. I took all my pre reqs in undergrad and the worst grade I earned was a B- (O Chem II lab), so I don't NEED to replace any grades IMO. My question is will it be frowned upon/look weird to retake classes at a lower level (CC) just to help me study for the MCAT? I also see it as a good way to get some updated LORs and it will also allow me to leave my current career to focus on shadowing/volunteering/studying. Does this make sense or has anyone else done this?

Thanks in advance for any and all help or suggestions!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.