CC student applying. Need your help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Will I get into any of these schools?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

amirsali094

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a California CC student that is applying to various pharm schools that don't require bachelors degrees or PCAT scores this June. I have not taken the PCAT or have a bachelors degree.
I would like to know my chances:
-4.0GPA, highest grades in classes.
-Target pharm clerk, training for pharm tech
-Vertex pharmaceuticals internship
-UCI research HHMI research publication
-hospital volunteer
-volunteer tutor
-many extracurricular
-excellent LORs
-great essays

I am applying to UCSF, UOP, Western, Purdue, Oregon State...
** I am applying before a bachelors to save some time, is there anyway that I can show the admissions officers in my essay that I am committed and a hard worker without having a bachelors degree. How can i explain it in a positive way?

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I am a California CC student that is applying to various pharm schools that don't require bachelors degrees or PCAT scores this June. I have not taken the PCAT or have a bachelors degree.
I would like to know my chances:
-4.0GPA, highest grades in classes.
-Target pharm clerk, training for pharm tech
-Vertex pharmaceuticals internship
-UCI research HHMI research publication
-hospital volunteer
-volunteer tutor
-many extracurricular
-excellent LORs
-great essays

I am applying to UCSF, UOP, Western, Purdue, Oregon State...
** I am applying before a bachelors to save some time, is there anyway that I can show the admissions officers in my essay that I am committed and a hard worker without having a bachelors degree. How can i explain it in a positive way?

Thanks for your help!

on top of my head, Purdue requires a bachelor degree. It is also top-ranked so you probably to accompany your application with some great PCAT scores.

I'd agree with oldstock. I got into VCU with a majority of my prereqs being from CC. I think having a high PCAT score helps neutralize the stigma of seeing a community college on the transcript-- at least enough to get a chance to prove yourself in an interview. The other things listed will definitely stand out once you are able to talk about them in person

Reactions: 1 user
Do awesome on your PCATs.

Western isn't a competitive school; I'm sure you'd get in there (but why would you want to?).

I'm pretty sure Oregon State requires a bachelor's, but I could be wrong.

Can you somehow do a quick bachelor's degree? I'd apply this year, but plan to do a bachelor's just in case.