CC units?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OrphanageCaretaker

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I transferred to a 4 year university from a CC, going to graduate this Spring, I transferred with 69 (lol) CC units. I noticed in the ADEA handbook that schools limit some CC credits to 60. So does that mean 9 units won't be on my GPA? Backstory is that in CC I had horrible registration so I was forced to take many GE courses, so would 9 units of the GE courses be taken away (If so would this technically raise my GPA if I received C's in the courses)? Hopefully someone had the same experience and can explain what happened when they applied. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I transferred to a 4 year university from a CC, going to graduate this Spring, I transferred with 69 (lol) CC units. I noticed in the ADEA handbook that schools limit some CC credits to 60. So does that mean 9 units won't be on my GPA? Backstory is that in CC I had horrible registration so I was forced to take many GE courses, so would 9 units of the GE courses be taken away (If so would this technically raise my GPA if I received C's in the courses)? Hopefully someone had the same experience and can explain what happened when they applied. Thanks.
I had about 51 so I have a different situation. You plug everything in AADSAS so it will count into your GPA. I would call the school and ask because there are many different combinations, i.e. some schools will accept max 60 credits overall and then you still need to reach their minimum (usually 90 credits or) or earn a bachelor degree. I think the easiest thing for you if you don't feel like calling ALL schools, make a list of schools you are interested in and call them if they have a CC quota, or apply to schools that do not have CC quota. I applied only to schools that accept CC.
And make sure before you apply! you don't want to waist your money on app+secondary if the school won't even look at you because of CC credit.