CCF hearts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akm22678

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know about the resident/fellow experience at Cleveland Clinic for hearts. How many pump cases do residents get? fellows? Who comes off pump? If anesthesia does, do the residents come off on their own with attending on standby? How about fellows? Do the fellows run their own room? Or do they supervise residents? Any input would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
white scrubs...

I'm honestly surprised the ACGME and ASA haven't shut down every other program when compared to 'the CCF.'

Man I wish I had matched there...assuming I had applied.

CJ

I'd like to know about the resident/fellow experience at Cleveland Clinic for hearts. How many pump cases do residents get? fellows? Who comes off pump? If anesthesia does, do the residents come off on their own with attending on standby? How about fellows? Do the fellows run their own room? Or do they supervise residents? Any input would be appreciated.

Number of cases for residents is variable depending on whether you decide to do electives or not. Not the same for everyone.

>90% cases are on-pump.

Fellows work with CA-2s and independently depending on the # residents rotating at any given time. CA-3s get their own room.

Attending is in room when coming off pump. It is a joint endeavor between surgery and anesthesia.

Coming off pump for fellows is attending-dependent. Some are very hands on whereas others just stand back and watch.

Surgeons don't care what drips you run. They just want the pt off pump.