CCFP EM as a uk doc with an MRCGP

Started by ukgp
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ukgp

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m about to qualify as a gp from the uk and want to move to Canada (probably Ontario but open) I’ve read about the added competencies for family doctors and I would be interested in the future of applying to do the CCFP EM CAC after working for a couple of years and getting used to the Canadian medical system. Would I be eligible to apply assuming I have PR at that point? And how competitive would it be?
 
I would ask on premed101 because they talk extensively about CCFP-EM and most Canadian MDs in Canada are there. Majority of Canadians here are Canadians applying to US/residency or got residency in US and coming back to Canada: