CCNY vs Hunter (yet again)

Started by Moon1234
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Moon1234

I don't understand a word
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I recently graduated from UCLA in June with a 2.92 gpa. Got a D in Bio :S. Prior to UCLA, I was at a community college for two years with a 3.4 gpa (mostly A's in classes, and 3 B's in chem, 1 C in organic chem)

I applied to the Hunter and CCNY Postbacc programs and have been admitted to the ccny post bacc program for the spring 2011 semester. Truthfully, I wanted to go to hunter but they lost my transcripts and by the time they got around to my application, all the spots were taken.

I guess the two things I am most skeptical about is how ccny doesn't have as high a rate of students successfully matriculating to medical school vs. Hunter, and that the Hunter program is a formal program with linkages and a supportive community whereas ccny has no linkages and doesn't seem to have such a structured program. also hunter seems to have a better reputation than ccny.

What is your honest opinion? honestly at this point I am considering taking classes at hunter as a non-degree student then applying again, and making sure all my materials get in on time. I don't even know how to do that bc getting an answer out of admins is like asking them to part with a piece of their soul

any help is appreciated. :luck:
 
Yeah I've taken about half. Thanks, I was just getting antsy because Hunter seems to have more of an established post bacc presence in NY. But I'll take what I can get. thank you.