CCNY vs Hunter (yet again)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Moon1234

I don't understand a word
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently graduated from UCLA in June with a 2.92 gpa. Got a D in Bio :S. Prior to UCLA, I was at a community college for two years with a 3.4 gpa (mostly A's in classes, and 3 B's in chem, 1 C in organic chem)

I applied to the Hunter and CCNY Postbacc programs and have been admitted to the ccny post bacc program for the spring 2011 semester. Truthfully, I wanted to go to hunter but they lost my transcripts and by the time they got around to my application, all the spots were taken.

I guess the two things I am most skeptical about is how ccny doesn't have as high a rate of students successfully matriculating to medical school vs. Hunter, and that the Hunter program is a formal program with linkages and a supportive community whereas ccny has no linkages and doesn't seem to have such a structured program. also hunter seems to have a better reputation than ccny.

What is your honest opinion? honestly at this point I am considering taking classes at hunter as a non-degree student then applying again, and making sure all my materials get in on time. I don't even know how to do that bc getting an answer out of admins is like asking them to part with a piece of their soul

any help is appreciated. :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I've taken about half. Thanks, I was just getting antsy because Hunter seems to have more of an established post bacc presence in NY. But I'll take what I can get. thank you.