CCOM--Adcom Mtg on Dec. interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Manifesting

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any of you who interviewed at CCOM on 12/6, 7, 8 or 9 heard anything? My group was told that there would be no further interviews of DO candidates in December, that they expected the adcom to meet "soon" and that decisions would be made "before Christmas". Well, I have not heard anything and I am getting nervous. The holiday break for Midwestern Univ. begins on 12/18; I wonder if the admissions office shuts down as of that date as well? If so, that leaves only today and tomorrow for them to meet. After reading some other threads, I would not be surprised if the committee met prior to 12/15 and extended email or telephone acceptances to help those faced with deposit deadlines at other schools. Perhaps they did and the fact that I have not heard anything means a skinny rejection letter for me??? Help me, friends! I am making myself nuts with my speculation! It would be so reassuring to hear from others who may have received a decision (Congrats!) or who are waiting with me and sharing this anxiety! :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Manifesting said:
Have any of you who interviewed at CCOM on 12/6, 7, 8 or 9 heard anything? My group was told that there would be no further interviews of DO candidates in December, that they expected the adcom to meet "soon" and that decisions would be made "before Christmas". Well, I have not heard anything and I am getting nervous. The holiday break for Midwestern Univ. begins on 12/18; I wonder if the admissions office shuts down as of that date as well? If so, that leaves only today and tomorrow for them to meet. After reading some other threads, I would not be surprised if the committee met prior to 12/15 and extended email or telephone acceptances to help those faced with deposit deadlines at other schools. Perhaps they did and the fact that I have not heard anything means a skinny rejection letter for me??? Help me, friends! I am making myself nuts with my speculation! It would be so reassuring to hear from others who may have received a decision (Congrats!) or who are waiting with me and sharing this anxiety! :scared:

I think you should call them. I know that it takes effort to call the admissions, but it may relieve your stress.

dr.z said:
I think you should call them. I know that it takes effort to call the admissions, but it may relieve your stress.

Dr. Z: Well, yes, I could call them and I suppose I should buck up and do it. The effort of making the call is not stopping me, you see, it is that darned fear of what they might tell me. In making my original post, I was hoping for a response from other December interviewees who might provide some encouraging info to alleviate that fear, but apparently I was the only SDN member to interview at CCOM this month. How odd. I could swear I met a few in my i/v group.

I'm sorry for this sarcasm, but c'mon folks, I can't be the only one waiting on this decision. Other people post questions like this constantly about other schools and people jump all over each other to respond. Please, has anyone heard anything about the adcom meeting?

Members don't see this ad :)
Manifesting said:
Dr. Z: Well, yes, I could call them and I suppose I should buck up and do it. The effort of making the call is not stopping me, you see, it is that darned fear of what they might tell me. In making my original post, I was hoping for a response from other December interviewees who might provide some encouraging info to alleviate that fear, but apparently I was the only SDN member to interview at CCOM this month. How odd. I could swear I met a few in my i/v group.

I'm sorry for this sarcasm, but c'mon folks, I can't be the only one waiting on this decision. Other people post questions like this constantly about other schools and people jump all over each other to respond. Please, has anyone heard anything about the adcom meeting?

Hey there! I interviewed on the 6th of Dec and I received a phone call from them today saying i was accepted! I had called them two times this week though and maybe they only called me back because I bugged them so much .. hehe.. good luck!!! :luck:

Hello,

I interviewed at CCOM on dec. 9 and received my acceptance call this morning, I love the school and will be turning down MSUCOM to attend CCOM.

Sunnie and Bernz: THANK YOU for posting and congratulations!!! :thumbup:
Sounds like we will be classmates, as I received my acceptance call (voice message on my cell phone) yesterday afternoon as well. I am still in shock! This is my first acceptance and to my first choice school! It doesn't get any better than this. My kids asked me last month what I wanted for Christmas; well, I just got it! Hooray! Sorry to all for my insufferable whining. I know now that I'M GOING TO MED SCHOOL, so you won't hear any more fretting from me.