CCOM and AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOisALLiWANT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you guys see the tuition for AZCOM and CCOM???? THe DO school tuition is about $47,000.

THat doesnt compare to the Dental School tuition as AZCOM which is $60,000!!!!!!!!!!

What is up with such high tuition rates? I only want to go to DO but why is the dental school more expensive at AZCOM?

I want to do primary care but i'm scared of the debt after med school. They really should give a break in tuition for people who sign an agreement to go into primary care.

Members don't see this ad.

I want to do primary care but i'm scared of the debt after med school. They really should give a break in tuition for people who sign an agreement to go into primary care.

LECOM already does this, from their website,
Three Years to a Primary Care or Family Physician Degree
LECOM Erie Primary Care Scholars Pathway (PCSP) condenses four years of medical education into three years in order to graduate Primary Care doctors sooner. The PCSP eliminates some of the barriers that discourage medical students from pursuing careers in family medicine and the other primary care specialties.

Based on LECOM’s experience developing its unique Problem-Based Learning and Independent Study Pathways, the committee chose to use the Independent Study learning modules as a guide for this new curriculum. PCSP students will follow a year-round curriculum so that they complete the basic science and clinical courses by March of the second year. PCSP students immediately will begin core clinical rotations at carefully selected hospitals and physician offices.

LECOM Primary Care Scholars Pathway has received approval from the American Osteopathic Association Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation and backing of the American College of Osteopathic Family Practice.

When I interviewd they told me there's no guarantee to get into this program. They only pick like 15 students and they decide after the 1st year who gets in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys see the tuition for AZCOM and CCOM???? THe DO school tuition is about $47,000.

THat doesnt compare to the Dental School tuition as AZCOM which is $60,000!!!!!!!!!!

What is up with such high tuition rates? I only want to go to DO but why is the dental school more expensive at AZCOM?

Well if you are 100% sure on primary care, then there is the national health corps scholarship. Or there are loan-repayment options once you graduate. There are alot of threads about cost concern that go more into detail about some of these options.

Last edited:
well lake eerie is just this one school making it easier to become primary care. There is still plenty of shortage of primary care doctors and we need more schools to provide incentive to become primary care physicians.

well lake eerie is just this one school making it easier to become primary care. There is still plenty of shortage of primary care doctors and we need more schools to provide incentive to become primary care physicians.

I think CCOM has a loan with low-interest/no interest if you are planning on primary care.

Dental school, on average, is more expensive than medical schools...