biosailgirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2004
Status
Medical Student
So CCOM just sent me an invite to interview. Isn't that crazy, it's like March. I would think they had their class filled out already. I sent my app in last early August. Oh well, I'm going to PCOM-GA. Is anyone else in this same situation? Receiving these late interviews, I'm sure it's not a good sign for the applicant, the chances of getting in would seem slim to none this late in the game.

ChelsieB

10+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2005
Niagara Falls/Buffalo, NY
Status
biosailgirl said:
So CCOM just sent me an invite to interview. Isn't that crazy, it's like March. I would think they had their class filled out already. I sent my app in last early August. Oh well, I'm going to PCOM-GA. Is anyone else in this same situation? Receiving these late interviews, I'm sure it's not a good sign for the applicant, the chances of getting in would seem slim to none this late in the game.
I just got an interview invite too. It is pretty late, but I'm going anyways. My brother (currently a third year) goes to CCOM and he interviewed on the last possible day and he got in.... so you never know what could happen

MaloCCOM

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 31, 2002
www.thealo.com
Status
We only interview if we need students. I interview students for ccom. Plus when I was accepted, I did not interview until March 29th or so. We have rolling admissions.

Duane E

Intern - Almost there!
10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2005
Chandler, AZ
Status
MaloCCOM said:
We only interview if we need students. I interview students for ccom. Plus when I was accepted, I did not interview until March 29th or so. We have rolling admissions.
CCOM received everything from me but my supplemental, if you still want to interview students, I will send it like yesterday! I think I even paid the supplemental app fee.
Why? let's just say that the past couple months have been really tough on me...

Chachie2682

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2004
Chicago
Status
MaloCCOM said:
Hey Malo,
How does the waitlist work. My friend was waitlisted for an interview in September. Does the waitlist get looked at at the end of the application cycle?

Thanks for any input.

DrIsh

15+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2004
Status
From what I heard at the interview and from talking to current students, it seems that the waitlist does get looked at during the end phases of the application cycle.

BATiger

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2004
Status
Medical Student
I also was just granted an interview and I am flying out next week. I am very excited as CCOM is my top choice, even though I have already paid my deposit at NYCOM. I am optimistic because I don't think they would waste their time interviewing candidates they weren't interested in. I also know people who were accepted a week before school started, so good luck to everyone going this month!

MaloCCOM

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 31, 2002
www.thealo.com
Status
You can call admissions and ask them. They ar very friendly and it doesn't affect anything. They always re-evealuate the wait list. They don't wait.