CCOM vs. Western/COMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brodaiga

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is the situation. I am accepted at Western and like the school. I just got an invite from CCOM. I have to decide whether to stay with western or go to CCOM. CCOM would have to be a better school for me to go interview since I already have an acceptance from Western. One of the key aspects for me is a match list with some competitive specialties on it, I do not want to be limited in what I choose. I am researching this right now. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Brodaiga,
I don't know to much about Western, but I do know that I love CCOM. Their match list from '04 is very impressive. I tried locating for you, but if you haven't already viewed just start a thread and I'm sure someone will post it for you. The excellent thing about Chicago is the proximity of all the great hospitals that you can rotate at (Cook County, Rush, etc.). If you have any questions shoot me a P.M.

Billy

brodaiga said:
Here is the situation. I am accepted at Western and like the school. I just got an invite from CCOM. I have to decide whether to stay with western or go to CCOM. CCOM would have to be a better school for me to go interview since I already have an acceptance from Western. One of the key aspects for me is a match list with some competitive specialties on it, I do not want to be limited in what I choose. I am researching this right now. Any help would be appreciated. :)

bbake87 said:
Hey Brodaiga,
I don't know to much about Western, but I do know that I love CCOM. Their match list from '04 is very impressive. I tried locating for you, but if you haven't already viewed just start a thread and I'm sure someone will post it for you. The excellent thing about Chicago is the proximity of all the great hospitals that you can rotate at (Cook County, Rush, etc.). If you have any questions shoot me a P.M.

Billy

I appreciate your response. You're right, the match list does look quite good. I am from the South, so Chicago is a bit closer to back home as well. I will send you some PMs when I have some questions