CCOM vs. Western (COMP)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thundercat77

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello there, how are you all doing?

I was accepted to both CCOM--Midwestern University and Western (COMP). I need to make a decision and I was wondering if anybody had some opinions or ideas.

I just want some honest opinions...it's not like I'm deciding the World Peace policy so feel free to give your 2 cents.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrat to have been accepted by two great!! med schools. You are in a win/win situation. Do you need a coin to flip????? Hehehe! You cannot go wrong to choose either one.

My first daughter was accepted by many med schools five years ago, CCOM and COMP were among them. It was very difficult for her to decide since they are all good schools, and each has it own + and -. She graduated from COMP and is VERY HAPPPPPY with her decision. She received a top notch education, met many wonderful people and maintain a network of good friends. She does her AMA IM residency in LA and aiming at a GI fellowship.

So, just use your own gut feeling. I am sure you will be happy in either Downer Grove, or Pomona. Best of luck to you.

GoForIt- Wow.. thanks for the encouraging advice. May I ask how many daughters you have now? You mentioned one that graduated from COMP and another one that declined going to COMP this year. Are you an alumnus of the school? It's great to see support from parents on SDN.. very rare but definitely appreciated!

Melancholy/Lenny,

No, I am not an alumnus of COMP. I have two daughters and one son who is doing his Rad residency.

I congrat you and your fellow COMPers for attending such a great med school. Your bright future lies ahead of you. Good luck to all.