Ccom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RedRiddinghood

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent in my secondary to CCOM, but noticed on their site that tthey say they don't accept anything less than a C in prereq classes, I had a 2.0 in one of the core prereq class, though have made it this far... I just wondered if other people have been accepted though have the similar problem. I should have looked into this before submitting my secondary. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

RedRiddinghood said:
I sent in my secondary to CCOM, but noticed on their site that tthey say they don't accept anything less than a C in prereq classes, I had a 2.0 in one of the core prereq class, though have made it this far... I just wondered if other people have been accepted though have the similar problem. I should have looked into this before submitting my secondary. Any thoughts?

I don't think that will be a problem. Anything less than a C would be a D or failing the course and I assume that would not be allowed. I have had my file complete with CCOM for over a month, and still haven't heard anything though, so I am not 100% sure. :(

I recieved a conditional acceptance from them because of a class yet to be take and a C- in another class. They said I had till start date to take the class over and get a C or better. So a C is fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a C in one of the core courses and they let me in... (what were they thinking?) As long as you have a C or above it shouldn't be a problem
:thumbup:

yes, that's correct. A C is the minimum they will accept. A C- in a course would need to be raised. There is one case that I know of that someone had a C- in a course, but that was a very unusual circumstance and it was quite a huge headache to have it rectified.

I was just accepted and I had a C- minus in one of the cores. Currently they are telling me I have to retake it. it was general chem and I did very well in o-chem, biochem, and not to mention all my major classes (pharmaceutical sciences) so I had my advisor write a letter to petition it. I am waiting to hear back from them. It is ridiculous that I would have to retake a C-, considering most schools dont even have a C-, in which case it would have been a C. Not to mention the humiliation of retaking gen chem with all the freshman again. :rolleyes: Oh Well, at least I have an acceptance.

mocheese said:
I was just accepted and I had a C- minus in one of the cores. Currently they are telling me I have to retake it. it was general chem and I did very well in o-chem, biochem, and not to mention all my major classes (pharmaceutical sciences) so I had my advisor write a letter to petition it. I am waiting to hear back from them. It is ridiculous that I would have to retake a C-, considering most schools dont even have a C-, in which case it would have been a C. Not to mention the humiliation of retaking gen chem with all the freshman again. :rolleyes: Oh Well, at least I have an acceptance.

A happy update to my situation (if anyone gives a sh#t). The addmissions office called today to waive me of having to retake chem. Thank God!!! :D

mocheese said:
A happy update to my situation (if anyone gives a sh#t). The addmissions office called today to waive me of having to retake chem. Thank God!!! :D

Great news and a save from a major headache!