CCS practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alesa

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Is USMLESTEPS123.com still a good source to do CCS practice or is there something better? I'm wondering whether or not to purchase it or do something like USMLEWORLD or stick with FA.

Thanks for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

Is USMLESTEPS123.com still a good source to do CCS practice or is there something better? I'm wondering whether or not to purchase it or do something like USMLEWORLD or stick with FA.

Thanks for your time.

I used USMLEsteps 123 for CCS and found it helpful. For example, for ER patients, what to order even before doing an H&P: cardiac monitoring, continuous BP, pulse ox, etc.- a lot of things that are done automatically in real life. Steps123 really helps get the sequencing down, and it's the only one where it's an interactive program like the real thing. The evaulation system on the program is poor (you can order all the right things and get 0% because it has be in an exact sequence) but it's a good teaching tool.

First Aid covers the basics well, and I've heard USMLEworld has many of the scenarios encountered on the real thing, but neither are interactive.

If you're strapped for cash, you could get by with First Aid (particularly if you're IM, EM, or FP), but I would say Steps123 is the best.

Thanks so much for your input. I really appreciate it! I think I would try the USMLEsteps123.

Don't bother with Usmleworld CCS - it is not any better than the CCS cases in the back of First Aid and you have to pay extra money for it.